Digitone is now shipping

:joy:

I tried to ignore DN but only until I get my tax return lol. It seems like one of the sweetest all in one grooveboxes yet

2 Likes

The symmetry and color coordination of that setup once the tone gets there is awesome, the two black digis matching horizontally and the mk2 and Mac vertically… And the nice angle for the digis… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice one. Me and my Prophet 6 will never part ways. Once you go DSI there is no going back and only then you knoiw you took the blue pill :wink: What keyboard are you using?

1 Like

I wouldn’t say it’s meaningless, both words have meaning and you can surmise some sort of meaning out it.
How else would one talk about things like “Gurn Docking” where the DJ has a huge overbite and everyone in the audience is Gurnning like crazy with their bottom jaws so the DJ and the audience could Dock their Gurns in theory?

4 Likes

It is actually stage piano Dexibell Vivo S1. I just use it as Midi keyboard as well…

Wait wait i can exchange the A4 or Mac also with either Prophet 6 Desktop or Novation Peak or MS20m…:wink:

1 Like

With USB cable ?

I like the vertical grey symmetry of the A4 and Mac, but those would work too…
The important thing is that you make sure your setup is symmetrical and color matched from now on… :wink:

Yes it works with the USB cable for me.

I took “parasitic frequencies” to just mean he thinks that sine waves could be more versitile with a notch filter to carve them out. sounds true but I haven’t used the thing yet

My setup from this morning. (Stack of many other synths are off to the side, including :elmm:, :elmd:, :elot:, :elan:, etc). Elektron box #5 for me. And some reading while I’m in a creative rut.

1 Like

More Audio please people’s! :loud_sound:

We know it’s like day 2 so we’re not expecting much, but if any of you Digitoners would be willing to hit record on whatever you got going and throw it up here, I’m sure it’d be much appreciated! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yeah, let’s hear some audio… pictures are cool and all (are they?), we’re looking for something AUDIBLE / edible

Best demo i’ve heard so far.

2 Likes

Before you mentioned it, i didnt realized, but yes i should do it. Asthetic pleasing as well as sonically pleasing is important to me.

1 Like

How would they get through the chicken wire?

1 Like

We are like some beggars waiting for bones here, I just wanna hear some funky plocked DN basslines if you got them, even though you are probably making music and not reading this. I was playing away on the OP1 and then lost the groove so I’m taking a break. Cenk I know you’ve got some cooking somewhere, not that you haven’t been like a perpetual water faucet of music already :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I got a good deal on the A-01K (version with keyboard attached). I primarily got it as a portable keyboard controller since it can run on batteries and is designed as to be a generic controller that also happens to have a synth on board. So I just use it sometimes when I need keys. The on-board synth is pretty good - a really gritty monosynth. It actually pairs really well with Machinedrum and makes great acid-y textures when using the Machinedrum’s “external-input-filter” machines.

I have a small loft apartment and got the A-01 over something like the KeyStep (which is a better general-purpose controller) because I wouldn’t need to deal with yet-another-power-cable as I move between couch and main workbench. It’s a pretty weak little keyboard though, but that’s OK as I generally prefer sequencing to keyboard playing. On the Digitone, with its ‘notes’ config and ability to lock the trig-keys keyboard to a scale like “B mixolydian”, I’m happy just using the trig inputs.

3 Likes

I use my Monologue in exactly all the same ways!
Except its a synth that happens to be a a decent MIDI controller.

Love the portability.

1 Like