Digitone feature requests!

Would love a dedicated pitch LFO on de synth 2 page (where the offsets are). Always feel like a waste to use one LFO just for slight pitch warbles.

9 Likes

What i would like is the ability to play your pattern from differen points in time other than the starting one. When you have a speed of 1/8 at low bpm values and you want some modifications done at the end you always have to hear the whole pattern and this can take a whole lot of your time. This could be achieved by the digitone taking acount for this only the first track, then this track you could have in mind that it is always going to be be your longest one, By taking acount of only the first track i imagine digitone could imidiately calculate where to start with the other tracks, This would be a dream from an arrangement point of view!

1 Like

It would be very useful for layering to be able to change the fine tuning of the operators all at once

1 Like

Aren’t FX plocks already implemented?

A bigger reverb please !!!

6 Likes

You mean louder? More output gain on the reverb return?

5 Likes

Yes louder reverb. I want that. The verb sounds great, but I want more of it. A boost.

3 Likes

Re

Spoiler

Trig

2 Likes

+1 for input audio as modulator operator

4 Likes

Having played around with the model:cycles for a few days, there are two things I wish were ported back to Digitone:

1: The ability to convert an audio track to a midi track. This is extremely useful if one’s setup is not overbridge focused, and you use digitone as a regular, monotimbral synth playing one thing. In that case you will have 3 audio tracks that are not in use. I want to use those for sequencing more external gear alleviating the need for additional sequencers. Theoretically, this should be possible viz a viz the implementation on cycles and samples. Them not being as fully fledged as the regular midi tracks (no lfos etc) is completely acceptable, as the implementation on models works great for sequencing drums. Unleash the Digitone as master brain for my setup!
2. Midi-retrigs. Damn. All this time, I told myself: “it is okay that the digis don’t do midi retrigs, because it is probably really hard to to pull off” and then cycles does it, and it works great. I want that on the digis. Snare rolls need to happen.

3 Likes

You can kinda make snare rolls with the arp, but yeah, retrigs definitely need to happen.

4 Likes

Below the Ratio offsets I would love some PHASE offsets, to mess with PWM.

6 Likes

Would be great but I doubt it’ll happen. From past boxes, it seems that synths get arps (on DN/A4 but not on M:C) and drum machines get retrigs. It’s a decision made by the company afaik

1 Like

Another small request would be that if you create a negative ratio using the offsets page you should get an inverted waveform. Currently if you set an operator to a .5 ratio and then offset it by -1 it clamps at zero and values -.5 to -1 on the offsets page do nothing.

1 Like

Parameter slides and an Arranger would be most welcome.

5 Likes

Parameter Slide

A loopable complex envelope as a modulation source

Arps speed and on, off can be controlled by LFO

Input audio and neighbor track as modulator operator

3 Likes

So you know how we have the conditional trigs that will play during a particular cycle the pattern? You know, the 1:3, 3:5 stuff. Well what if we had one they was like -1:3 where it played on every cycld except the one noted. So -2:4 would play only on cycles 1, 3, and 4. That’d be dope.

13 Likes

If there is a workaround for this it would be welcome. I’d get a lot more out of my Digitone Keys if copied plocks could be pasted into a preset on the +drive. Seems pretty straight forward. When I first got my DN I found that attempting to paste things into the sound manager caused crashes in some circumstances and have since stopped trying.

You can’t save individual Trigs / Locks only Patterns

I understand, my feature request is that a copied trig’s settings can be saved as a patch.