Digitone feature requests!

Dieter says delete.

4 Likes

+1 on transposing with the trig keys! also this has been bugging meā€¦ seen it mentioned a few times but not that muchā€¦ which makes me think there is a better approach then what im currently doingā€¦

basically, when jamming im typically in mute mode, bringing tracks in and out. but if ive got track 2 selected, and want to tweak parameters on track 3, i now have to func-press to exit mute mode, then select track 3, then again hold func and press bank to re-enter mute mode. just a lot of button presses it seems. somebody suggested that holding func and pressing a track key, while in mute mode, should focus to that track, which seems like a great idea.

7 Likes

So you know how on the Octatrack you can set the audio sequencers to send MIDI out from them instead of using the MIDI channels? We need that feature on the Digitone. I wrote a bunch of dope stuff that I want to send the sequences of to my computer, however, now I need to copy and paste each audio trackā€™s sequence to the MIDI track of the pattern and then send that out. Imagine 16 patterns, 4 tracks per pattern, now I gotta do that 64 times? Damn.

2 Likes

Regarding selecting tracks in mute mode, the way you have suggested it is the way I assumed it would work. Kind of blown away when I realised it didnā€™t.

Can you? Iā€™ve never come across this feature

New one: would be cool if the digitone could cycle between different voices when playing the same note repeatedly. right now if you repeat a single note the result is always monophonic. youā€™d think ā€˜cycleā€™ in the voice menu would work this way but unfortunately not.

Digitone control implants for your brain so you can make tracks without touching it!
( talk about inside the box !? )

also: add the extra LFO trig modes from the OT. Especially sync trig, which resets the LFO cycle at the start of the pattern

1 Like

When do people think Elektron will release a Digitone update? Any word from our dark overlords?

Iā€™d be happy if they just fixed the damn scale-per-track bug! :expressionless:

1 Like

For me, I canā€™t wait for them to deal with the same-note clicking issue. Ess recently said that they were working on a fix.

He also said the issue was overblown, so not sure if itā€™s really on the cardsā€“fingers crossed.

Iā€™m using the Retrokits cable as a workaround, but that uses up my midi ports, which I need for other things. But it works well when Iā€™m composing/writing on the Digitone on its own.

1 Like

You can achieve this by placing a trigless trig before your trig (if thereā€™s space) with a 2:4 condition, and then a not-previous condition on your real trig. Then the real trig will play on 1, 3 and 4.

12 Likes

Genius! Keeping this one in my back pocket

2 Likes

This is definitely a taste thing vs a real feature, but Iā€™d love to have each LFO on itā€™s own page and each page have all LFO parameters, instead of having to go back and forth and back again to make the LFO do something. I find that pretty annoying.

Similarly, I wish they would add the text for the LFO modes as you go through them, even if it keeps the image but replaces the title text underneath it as you scroll through, like every other Elektron machine Iā€™ve ever used.

Iā€™m also not sure why they didnā€™t add an Envelope for Filter 2, that would have been pretty useful.

11 Likes

The keys are fine relax.

1 Like

Page 2/2 Amplitudeā€¦ Those 4 little unused boxes at the topā€¦ A MIXER!

:pray:

Cant be that hard can it? The Digitakt has itā€¦

With the Delay and Reverb parameters already underneath would make it ace for minimal dub mixes when playing the Track 1-4 keys ā€¦

11 Likes

A shortcut to directly load a sound to the soundpool.

2 Likes

Isnā€™t DN called Digital Polyphonic Synthesizer for nothing?

Wavetable Machine and Waveguide Resonator for DN

2 Likes

midi control (cc or nrpn) of Sound Setup -> Octave

Please and thank you.

Track Chance like the Model machines.
Could possibly be done merely by adjusting the COND knob (Trig condition) since it is only used in connection with holding trigs.

7 Likes

Midi arpeggiator

Randomise arpeggiator

13 Likes