Digitone feature requests!

I’m surprised how much more I’m enjoying the Digitone than I ever have the A4. I think this is the first time I’ve actually enjoyed FM synthesis!

Anyway, the only thing I’m missing from the A4 is the levels mixer from Perf mode. I would love to see those assigned to the E-H knobs when you’re in Mute mode. It would make performing with the Digitone a whole lot easier.

11 Likes

Yes!

2 Likes

I would love key tracking options in the setup menu similar to the ones for velocity and aftertouch. the scaling options are nice, but on an FM synth, key tracking destinations are at least as important as aftertouch. An easier way to save your own sounds would be great too.

4 Likes

Step record sound slots from external keyboard when in MULTI MAP mode.

1 Like

Mute steps in Mute Mode.
This is a standard feature in many drum machines.

1 Like

More scales!!! Please. This should be an easy one to implement

10 Likes

Speaking of scales, it would be really awesome if scale mode actually compressed the keyboard instead of just ‘blanking out’ the unplayable keys. The trig keyboard is already tiny, so it seems crazy to throw away half the potential notes when in scale mode!

And while I’m here… p-lock the arp :crazy_face:

18 Likes

Swing per track

7 Likes

A scale mode where it used buttons 1-8 for one octave and 9-16 for another would be perfect. A bit like the way the Launchpad Pro and Circuit implement scales. I know there are some esoteric scales with more than 8 notes but this would cover the vast majority of them.

And arp on MIDI tracks please.

6 Likes

Note Length as LFO destination please!

9 Likes

got it! thank you so much! :blush:

1 Like

midi learn.

midi arp.

lfo to fx.

conditional trigs - finer detail on %

4 chan mixer somehow?

7 Likes

I miss the fact that the CC knobs don’t follow the actual values when these are automated or p-locked.

So when we p-lock an initial setting, and tweak that setting during play, we have a nasty jump from the p-locked setting to the actual knob position setting. On knobby synths it’s obviously a normal situation (unless knobs/faders are motorised!), but software buttons should be able to do this.

So if a feature request for “knob follows automation” option would, for some reason, not be possible, at least a “catch-up” option would be highly appreciated

2 Likes

Definitely Midi Arp
Arp settings as LFO destinations
FX settings as LFO destinations
Another page on the master with track levels like on Digitakt :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

9 Likes

THAT is exactly what the Digitone needs. Wow! I didn’t know the Digitakt had that page…

If they ain’t going to give us individual outs then at least give us a mixer page.

7 Likes

Just dropping this in since no one has mentioned it. /s

3ajkp5

12 Likes

This may be a non-issue for the many of you that sequence few patterns, but for me, it has been a challenge to remember what each pattern does, and how to sequence them around in a chain. Also saving the chain is not possible from what I can tell, but this is a different issue.

Fundamentally the digitone has a screen, which is essential to me to use it; but why there is no mode to visually see the patterns and chains? I would love to see a representation of patterns on screen, so I can go in my different banks, pick the patterns I want to chain, and add them to the chain, and see a visual representation of this.

I am used to visual stuff, and to use DAWs, so to me, the idea of going blind, like if it was 1984 on a synth that does have a 12x2 segment LCD screen, is not ideal, especially when the Digitone has such wonderful screen. So to me it has been a challenge to put together chain of patterns, unless I go with pen and paper and write down what each pattern does, divide them in categories, and number them so I can get a quick idea of each of them.

Nobody wants to get the same interface that Ableton live or Maschine use, but some sort of aid to make chains and visualize the content of a chain on screen (or in Overbridge?) would be not only appreciated but a lifesaver for the non-hardware-only musicians out there. Thanks

6 Likes

^ Yeah, for sure.

For the ‘on’ state of ‘PTN’ button the screen shows pattern names vertically, above numbers the numbers 1-8.

That would do it.

I reported the non saving pattern chains as a bug. I suggest more people do so. It’s ridiculous to have a feature that doesn’t save with the project and is lost on power down.

To be fair they were very nice in responding and said it would be passed on to the developers :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Also a way to mark favorites patches would be welcome too, as a “compact banks”, which would remove spaces in between banks and move them to the bottom.

1 Like