Digitone feature requests!

MIDI track mutes - a quick per track mute function just for the MIDI sequencer outputs.

Maybe theres a workaround for this one but i havent thought a clever solution that doesnt involve some external accessories. Would come in handy for live performance for me!

Having just gotten a Digitone myself, I seriously canā€™t believe this isnā€™t already available!
Nowā€¦ Iā€™ve got an OT that does Midi arps (but not INT track arps!) and one that does INT track arps (but not midi arps!). :expressionless:
I thought Iā€™d use my DN to take over from my OT to sequence my external synths (scales, chords), but nope. Not that this was a deciding factor, I bought it for the internal tracks, but itā€™s just such an arbritary limitation once againā€¦
Ofcourse, the OT has the arranger, but if I record a sequence where I hold a note and play others over the top, that held note will stop playing,

2 Likes

agree

Iā€™d like to have an LFO-option that does provide the possibility to introduce a simple value offset (no modulation).

This would allow for:

-The possibility of finetuning in ā€œweirderā€ operator ratios, without screwing up the great accessible UI in the SYN pages

• The possibility to trigger-lock parameters relative to their value, so the amount between the parameter-lock and the current value is maintained, if that value changes

Letā€™s discuss :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can already do this! :slight_smile:
Set the LFO shape to square, set mult to * 1 (no tempo lock), speed to 0.1 - then set the mode to either ONE or TRIG.

9 Likes

What a long and winding discussion. Where is the TLDR? :smiley: :rofl:

2 Likes

Fantastic, thank you!

Unless Iā€™m mistaken, this is where the LFO Hold mode (if present on DN) would be best used, therefore no need to look at speed

If you can select a ramp shape (or Tri) LFO with the DN then try Hold with the ramp - and then vary the phase of the LFO so that you create an offset from zero (assuming phase is variable)

The LFO depth is then applied and spread across this smaller offset range - this at least works with other devices iirc and could allow finer control via depth and phase

Maybe DN doesnā€™t have hold mode, but the slow LFO with a phase/depth ramp should work out

No, hold will periodically sample (as in Sample and Hold) the LFO output, so it would in some cases sample the negative output from the square instead of the positive.

Half might be best theoretically, but I remember it being a bit fiddly too. I found this method to be the most straight forward.

1 Like

fair enough, never knowingly come across an issue with hold (assuming the DN LFO is resettable on the trig) - the idea being you sample the start of a pre-defined and consistent shape - might have to look into my understanding of this then on the others

My recollections on this are broadly as I thought. There is a subtle/significant caveat with hold mode in this way though (for the A4 at least) It works exactly as I described and offers you more finger control when you sequence/lock the pattern (with LFO resets) ā€¦ it is not possible to reset the A4 LFO when hold mode is selected and you are playing the keyboard, so @Essā€™s suggestion is vastly more useful. However on the A4 you can have zero speed LFOs so the One/Trig modes offer the possibility to attain finer or more controllable offset via the phase/depth combo if using a Tri or Ramp as the one/trig modes will reset the LFO - i think iā€™ll work more with the Trig/One in future although usually iā€™d apply hold on a random shape where it makes no difference.
Interesting that the DN seemingly doesnā€™t ā€˜stopā€™ its LFOs nor presumably offer negative speed which lets you rise up an Exp or come at the ramp from the other side - perhaps a FR in there ?

1 Like

Midi learn for the eight knobs as per Octatrack
would be the one request for me.
I used to like twiddling a knob on a synth and Octatrack have use of it for p-locking with ease.

1 Like

It would be majestic if the shuffle setting in the tempo page also affected the Din24/Din48 output timings. It would e.g. enable a TB-303 to be shuffled and that would rule a whole lot :slight_smile:

little addition to the randomize function:
Yes + Trackbutton (1-4) should randomize every parameter page for that sound

1 Like

Why do you guys mean by slide and has this been fixed with the new portamento feature?

Parameter slides are a feature of, for example, the A4 sequencer. It let you slide a parameter from one value to another without hearable steps. Portamento does this sliding only for the tune parameter.

3 Likes

I see, Iā€™m contemplating buying the Digitone and was hoping it has this feature to have smooth slides between parameter locked steps. Sad to find out itā€™s not there.

• A free ratio option/switch for coarse and fine tune. Or at least have the option for the LFO to modulate smoothly between values in some kind of ā€œfreeā€ mode. I understand itā€™s a design choice to simplify FM and make it easier to get tuneful sounds with the unit. But atonality is also inspiring to explore with FM.

• Arpeggiator for MIDI tracks, because really why not?

• P-lockable / automatable arpeggiator (rates etc), would be so sick

• SWING for the arpeggiator

• Independent swing-per-track

• Slides

• More LFOs, envelopes and more than 2 destinations? ā€œmacrosā€ modulations can be so expressive.

4 Likes

Iā€™m just guessing, obviously but it seems like ā€œfree ratio tuningā€ would be the most likely. Itā€™s often requested, and also quite do-able. BUT if the CPU on the digitone is saving a lot of power by only computing in the fixed ratios it may be very taxing to ask it to do a lot more complex math with the weird ratios.

1 Like

Ah thatā€™d be awesome! Thanks. Iā€™m new here and thought it was probably the least likely feature because itā€™s a bit in depth compared to other more basics functions missing like midi arp and automatable arpā€¦

Is there some kind of best of the most requested features somewhere?