Digitone feature requests!

Surely - Multiple analog outs - 4 stereo pairs! Or some kind of breakout box as an add on.

1 Like

Each lfo on its own page.
Do people like the way itā€™s split now?

1 Like

Iā€™d prefer them on the same page. Easier to program one when you know what the other is doing. And one less page to flip through. Who wants MORE menu diving?

for the next version please: 4 outs! and please take a closer look at the lxr from sonic potions, they did it right!
That means any combination as you like per track, and per output.

example a): t1, t2 goes into out1/2 as stereo pairs, t3 goes into out3, t4 goes into out4
example b): every track has its own output
example c): t1,t3 goes into out1/2 as stereo pairs, t2,t4 goes into out 3/4 as stereo pairs
example d): t1 goes into out 1/2 as stereo pair, t2, t3 goes into out 3, t4 goes into out4

I guess youā€™ll get the idea.

It would be cool if you could map the lfol to the destinations of different tracks. Sometimes a sound does not need a modulation, but maybe much more - would be cool.

1 Like

Indeed , i am hoping too this would be possible through a software update , 1&2 stereo out , 3&4 headphones out , done !

How much extra memory is there exactly on the Digi devices to be able to implement these ideas? Iā€™m sure this was probably answered already but I donā€™t feel like searching for it.

Whats the diff betweenā€¦
Examples
and
Exambles?

:slight_smile:

oops! lol

Still just waiting for portamento. Pretty certain Iā€™ll buy it if that feature ever comes, and Iā€™m certain that I will never buy it without such a foundational feature in FM synthesis. Someday perhaps :slight_smile:

7 Likes

P-Lockable Mod Wheel, Pitch Bend, Breath, and Aftertouch. Then all of those performance parameters in the Sound Setup menu would actually be useful.

Why not have a second page for the TRIG button? Most every other function has multiple pages.

I tried setting up some modulations in the Sound Setup menu and itā€™s amazing what radically creative sounds you can make but they can only really be accessed by sequencing them from an external sequencer. I feel like Elektronā€™s powerful sequencing skills could probably be implemented with pitch bend and mod wheel no?

1 Like

VA and SID engines and name change to Tonemachine.
iPad audio interface.

no , no arp in the midi section ā€¦

Would be nice to set the modulator envelopes initial amplitude so it doesnā€™t have to come up from 0 unless you want it to.

3 Likes

Create random locks function like the octatrack

Would be nice to have the search filter functionality while viewing only Pool sounds.

For example if I want to only see the snare sounds in the sound pool so I can plock them. As opposed to right now where I constantly have to scroll through the whole pool list every time I want to lock a different sound.

6 Likes

Separate FX send per L/R input.

Itā€™s already very cool that you can centre L and R inputs, essentially getting 2 inputs.

It would be awesome to be able to adjust FX send for each (or even just bypass FX entirely for one).

Then you could bring in e.g. a drum machine on one, clean, and a synth on the other, using the great effects like delay, without muddying the beat.

A possible interaction model would be push-and-turn on the send knob, to adjust the R send only.

7 Likes

Iā€™m not sure the architecture or UI would allow it but one or two more LFOs would be really nice.

People seem to repeatedly want slides/portamento features in this topic. That can be fixed with the use of one LFO and parameter locks (The LFOs on this machine are crazy flexible) but then you of course need more LFOs :slight_smile:

1 Like

to me, the trouble is more that plocking an LFO to achieve portamento requires you to do arithmetic to get the transitions between notes right. itā€™s a ridiculous workaround that nobody should be required to use for such a rudimentary component of composing a track.

so yeah Iā€™ll reiterate again that I hope to see portamento, and hopefully more general parameter slides, in this synth one day over the next 2 years :slight_smile:

2 Likes

PLEASE ADD RETRIG!! & more algorithmsā€¦The original manual said retrig was possible with the digitone which is one of the reasons i purchased it.

4 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: The Digitakt Feature Request Thread