Digitone feature requests!

Finally got my own DN and spent all last night making sounds. So inspiring. That frosty harmonic mojo is addictive.

One major thing I (and I’m sure many others) wish was possible would be an “advanced” option to select values between the ratios for operators A, B1/2 and C… and to have the LFOs be able to modulate those values as well. Having this be switchable per operator and LFO would allow many more sound design possibilities.

Also bandpass and band reject options on the filter would be nice.

A third envelope dedicated to pitch wouldn’t hurt either.

3 Likes

Midi Arp.
Random Arp.
customArp scales.
Direct Pattern Jump.

2 Likes

Probably already been mentioned but scale per track would be divine and, one would think, not difficult to implement.

5 Likes

feature I want most is UK stock! ordered one recently and the wait is killing me

Along with a 2nd MIDI LFO, what if we could assign the MIDI LFOs to the internal synth track parameters? On the MD, you can assign any track’s LFO to any other track’s parameters. Giving us more modulation can’t be a bad thing!

1 Like

A possibility to apply filter to Input could be handy or am I missing something?

1 Like

A shortcut to the sample manager like on the A4 . Yes + track would do the trick.

Will there ever be a pointrelease for Digitone with additional features? Novation just released the 8th (!!) update of circuit. I wish something would happen here in the elektron camp… really love the Digitone and still hope for a DSP Boot failure fix and some implemented requested features… Fingers crossed

3 Likes

Passing monitored input-signals through, straight to the DTs Outputs.

I just want retrig. And scale/speed per track. I have the Model:Samples sitting right next to the Digitakt and Digitone, and I constantly keep looking for sequencer functions that only exists on one of the boxes. Always instinctively press the retrig buttons on the Digitone, even though there are none. Tried to set a track on the Digitakt to a different scale/speed the other day (again) after being spoiled by the ModelSamples.

Same with the analog keys.

I want the sequencer on all these machines to have these basic functions, to be more in-line with each other.

4 Likes

Under scale, select a different root note the keys will shift in the way you describe

1 Like

YES, retrig would be awesome!

I found myself trying to place retrig lock yesterday only to be disappointed…A: that the option isnt there, and B: that my alzheimers musta been kicking in and i forgot that wasnt an option on DN.

Only box without, so i wont be too hard on myself. Its a natural go-to for me.

Poly mode in the arpeggiator! It’s really fun on the analog four, and the added polyphony of the digitone would be very a blast!

p-lockable fx
p-lockable arp
slide for p-locked parameters
portamento
scale (of bpm) per track
retrigs
better scrolling resistance for the encoder that goes through all the B operators’ ratios

if the Bag Of Words model in my head is working correctly, it looks like the most common requests have been for parameter slides, portamento, and scale/speed per track. for good reason, they are extremely useful on other elektron products and interact powerfully with the sequencer.

3 Likes

this should be rule in all elektrons just like in OT

It is the same feature request as the digitakt and it is so essential if you use a midi controller to controll your digis

:point_right:t4:Track volumes that stay at their values when changing patterns. Great for mixing the drums via an external midi controller (like Launchpad XL):point_left:t4:

I don’t think it would be hard to implement and it is so essential for live mix!

I use midi faders for each channels of the Digitone (like a Launchpad XL) but the fact the tracks volumes doesn’t stay the same according to the faders when I change pattern is too frustrating so I can’t jam with this workflow… Please make an option for this ! The mixer is useless actually…

The mixer is so essential… It kills my workflow…

3 Likes

Prep for live perf by setting volumes ahead of time?
Pre-arrange transitions? I dunno.

1 Like

So when will we get some glide @Elektron ? This is a great machine and it is suffering from some basic feats missing… This stuff has been here since the 80s… Gives us that sweet GLIDE! Can’t wait no longer. :smiley:

2 Likes

step / sound blend step.

so i could put a bass on step 1, blend on 2,3,4 , snare on Step 5 , and it would blend / slide all parameters over those specific steps.
probably the same as slide on the other boxes. i guess its also suitable to get note glide which has been often requested.

abillity to save specific step parameters as a new sound (i know its the same thing on most elektron boxes but i’ll try again)

a controller / performance screen similar to analog4

a new ‘envelope blend’ parameter so that instead of retriggering the amp envelope (causing clicks on some sounds) , you can define a way to blend in the attack of the new sound in conjunction with the release/previous envelope… this type of thing would keep the same amount of notes being played .
Could work on digitakt etc… its a new way of removing clicks/sudden changes in amp that i dont think ive seen on any mono / single voice device.

3 Likes

If I do live and I use externals midi faders to control the volume mixer, I won’t set volume ahead of time. I will see through the live if this time I want this song, or this, at this level etc…
If I do set the volumes ahead of time, then jamm, change them with external midi faders and change pattern, the faders won’t coincide with the desire level. Even worse, if any of these faders change by one value on the new pattern, the sound will appear at the midi level sunddently…

Basically this is problematic, mostly on the digitakt but the digitone too.
You can’t really do live performance with an external controller for volume.
This is not how a mixer should work at all, or at least have the option.

Moreover, you can already do that with the AMP volume… :confounded:

So why do we have a mixer that work per pattern when the AMP volume can already do that ? As I said, we should at least have the option to set the mixer.

2 Likes