Digitone feature requests!

Got mine yesterday and found saving an edited sound to the next empty slot quite long-winded… so would like a shortcut for this very thing. (Have read the manual’s Key Combinations section but it doesn’t appear to be in there.)

Press FUNC+"…" button to go directly to the Imp/Exp menu.

1 Like

I know that but I’m looking for a shortcut to saving the current sound to the next empty slot. On the Analog Four this is ‘Save + Sound’ but I guess there’s no DT equivalent.

1 Like

Ok but it’s three quick button presses so no problem here.

I think fewer button presses are a sign of a mature and playable instrument so I personally hope this will improve. Ditto for the access to some menus. For example, leaving the mod wheel setup to go to LFO pages, I should be able to simply press the LFO button and go right there. Right now what happens is this action takes me out of the mod wheel menu but only as far as the Sound menu. I then have to hit another button so I can then go and hit my LFO button.
These details may not matter to some users . . . until they try a streamlined version.

2 Likes

Right.
And it would be faster if the shortcut took us directly to that empty slot instead of the menu. It’s also like this on the AR.

1 Like

Hey Everyone. What would you like to see for the next digitone upgrade. Id love an EQ

1 Like

The ability to leave selected tracks out of the CNTRL-ALL function

3 Likes

I’d also love it if you could clear a pattern without clearing its name.

1 Like

Arpeggiator key hold / latch.

2 Likes

FUNC+… button (with the blue IMP/EXP) under it brings you directly to the sound saving screen. It will save it in the next empty slot of the bank from which the sound originally came.

Clearing each of 4 tracks is pretty quick

1 Like

About some random stuff:
-Option for switching from a random stepped lfo to a smooth random lfo, or just another random LFO but smooth!
-Random arp like in A4!

-ARP to midi come on! and scales
-possibility to go ‘in between the ratios’, so we can go deeper

1 Like

all the new boxes…

SLIDE…PLEASE!

6 Likes

To follow up on this - you could have Yes (or Function + Yes) act as a preview to the chord you’ve just input. Otherwise, there is no way of knowing what your chord sounds like. Inputting chords on the Digitone is kinda frustrating - I love the chord mode and the note scaling but some small changes in the flow could really improve things. Instead it’s just clumsy.

3 Likes

Would it be possible for the Digitone to ever gain the capability of using its oscillators to modulate the filter? I think this is the real trick for FM synths with filters.

Being able to modulate things with the plethora of wonderfully complex waveforms FM synthesis is capable of producing is the next step we need to take for more synth designs imo.

6 Likes

Probably my biggest usability gripe as well. I’ve almost resigned myself to just entering them in real-time and editing from there. The UX for chord entry SUUUUUUCKS on Digitone, and I didn’t mind the (somewhat) similar method on the MNM.

And yeah, if we could preview a step (hold step while in record mode with the sequencer stopped?) that would be super useful. Engine does this and it’s works really well.

1 Like

+1 - the ability to route a midi track to the FX channel natively/ without wasting a port (though, the equivalent of a CTRL-8 machine for natively modulating any tracks would be much appreciated)
+1 - param slide (at least)
+1 - random arp mode

2 Likes

It probably doesn’t help that the interaction between the MnM & DN way of doing this is the opposite. In the MnM you press down to add/browse existing chord notes and use left & right to move them across the keyboard.

The DN is the reverse.

To be critical, the UI on the DN doesn’t make sense. Sure, you go “up&down” a keyboard, except a physical keyboard and the DN’s UI keyboard representation is horizontal so left&right keys are more logical than the up&down that we have.

This sums up the DN’s UI for me. It’s pretty, but the actual interaction/ux is poor. There are plenty more examples like this.

If it didn’t sound so good…

1 Like

A decent time division like in OT.

Even @Dataline miss that.

3 Likes