Digitone feature requests!

What I request on every Elektron feature request thread. Pattern randomisation at the press of a button, like the 3rd party apps can do

3 Likes

Arpeggiator: SID mode + RANDOM mode
Individual track signature (not just lenght)

4 Likes

No and no :disappointed_relieved:

Oh well, looks like I need to dump arpy stuff from my OT to the DN via synced realtime recoding thenā€¦ But wait, nooooo! This means I can only have 16 MIDI notes per bar, bunmer.

The arp needs to be fleshed out more on the DNā€¦ How else are you supposed to be making intricate FM IDM with this, hmm?

3 Likes

My only request is that Elektron give those Swedish button elves enough coffee. :cool: Though, if they forgot the Skittles I wonā€™t mind too much.

Same day delivery.

4 Likes

Iā€™d like: physical modelling, acoustic resonators, metals woods drumheads, import samples for layering.

3 Likes

ā€¦ as what? dn presets or synthesis engineā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty sure there wonā€™t be different engines for the Digitone, as that would make the workflow less efficient.

Not to mention, with FM you can get into pretty good physical modeling territories.

3 Likes

engines

exactly,
as ryan says, with a bit of experimentation and understanding you can do pipes, winds, strings etc. with fm.
physmod synthesis can be overkill. 1000 parameters to controlā€¦ i like using simple devices like the a4 and see how far I can come with it. dn is definitely a machine that is full with options. if you know how things works in the ā€œreal worldā€ (physics) and you understand fm than you can apply it ā€¦

2 Likes

Fm you can have a pretty good emulation of a real instrument and you can make that emulation just decay into a sonic abyss(I canā€™t wait for my DN)

I know you already know this- I just love it

1 Like

Iā€™d like a real instrument that does digital modelingā€¦
Ya know, like an acoustic guitar you can make sound like a Digitone or Sidstationā€¦ :smile:

13 Likes

If you take a thin piece of cloth and drape it over the string towards the bridge(or whatever that bar is towards the bottom the strings sound like old midi notes- this is what I had to do back when I was a poor folk artist(I was always an electronic musician apparently, just couldnā€™t afford it

Edit: melodica is good too

Edit edit: playing the guitar/bass/drums is JUST LIKE playing a sampler with samples of guitar/bass/drums

3 Likes

Do those sound different than the new ones? :thinking:

Nice trick!
If you put safety pins or paper clips down there each around maybe two strings but loose, itā€™ll sound like a sitarā€¦

-And I agree, playing the guitar/bass/drums is EXACTLY THE SAME THING as playing a sampler with samples of guitar/bass/drums. :upside_down_face::rofl:

4 Likes

Itā€™s a bit of a work around and takes a bit of effort and practice- but once you land it- no one will be able to tell the difference :smiley:

2 Likes

Huh?
:thinking: :wink:

I love juggling both :smiley:

1 Like

:upside_down_face::rofl:

Plock the arp

(Iā€™m gonna post this in here regularly even though itā€™s futile)

10 Likes

bong modeā€¦

5 Likes