Digitone feature requests!

please multiband comp and eq and portamento

1 Like

I mean it should show the actual motion of the knob or setting that is being changed by the LFO.

1 Like

Sure , itā€™s a request on most other devices too . I donā€™t think itā€™s ever happened but that doesnā€™t mean it never will .

1 Like

Since this thread has grown very long, I couldnā€™t read most of the posts ā€¦ so I apologise in advance, if this has been mentioned already ā€¦ but I had the impression the majority was discussing suggestions about extending the sequencer, ARP, MIDI, or LFO functionality, so it might be okay to make the following suggestions (again?).

After many hours of digging and learning the very special Digitone-FM-concept, I would say,

1. Itā€™s a great machine, making much fun, having excellent sound, beeing very easy to use for everybody, having many sweet-spots just on itā€™s surface without needing a degree in FM-science,
  2. but there are some changes, I would love to see concerning the FM-engine itself.

What about an ā€œAdvanced FM-Modeā€ consisting of:

A-1: B1 and B2 with separate envelopes.

The LEV-B paramter provides like a macro three different sections, B1, B1/B2 changing roles, B1/B2@max mixed mode. The idea is nice, but TBH very limiting in the first place.

We all know that the modulation level has a big influence on the sound. To be forced to have those sections with mixed modes, prevents many possible sound shapes by default. I am used to work with modulation intensity like using hot spices. It makes a big difference in sound design to have 127 steps for B1 and 127 steps for B2 to define, how much modulation we apply, or only about a 1/3 (which counts to about 42). The mixed zones are very unflexible too (diagram on manual page 41), because there is no option - unless I missed something - to have a certain amount of B1 and then to spice with B2 as needed - or vice versa.

A-2: Separation of the ā€œHarmonicsā€ for A-B

First I want to say that I love to have the Harmonics at all. Elektron has made good choices, what itā€™s inside this kind of wavetable.

But to be forced to have the harmonics on A AND B1 simultaneously is a big limitation for me, because it prevents me, to limit the complexity of FM at a certain state.

Maybe itā€™s only me, but I prefer to have relatively simple Carriers and more or less complex Modulators. But with the Digitone algorithms - and considering the macro like LEV-B settings I get more than I need or want, if working with all four operators. There have been many situations, where I could not achieve my planned sound, because I could not use all four operators, but harmonics only on A OR on B1.

It would be great to get a switch like

1. Harmonics on A&B1 (there are indeed very interesting sounds there)
  2. Harmonics on A only
  3. Harmonics on B1 only

A-3: Sensitivity of the ā€œRatio on Bā€ encoder

Now this is a real issue for me. Often enough I know, what ratio I want, but itā€™s like touching the knob and I am on hyper-speed. This unnecessary twiddling costs so much time and is an issue, which is very annoying.

I think, we could need a kind of slow/fast mode there.

8 Likes

If weā€™re serious about feature requests, do we still need to contact support? Does this thread actually hold any sway over any possible upcoming features?

1 Like

Itā€™s clearly much too fast currently and the fast mode is always there if you press the knob while turning it.

Great post SoundRider. I think we all would love to have some more free and complex options for the operators in the Digitone. Iā€™m sure they are working on it though since it has been requested by many.

I hope to make good use of precious 8voices.

For this reason, I would like to set a drum track like the old midi synth (Roland GS and XG) and assign a tone to each scale. Is it possible already?

If possible, I want to preserve and assign the tone on overbridge.

Yes. Like all the other feature request threads, this one is just throwing nickels into the wishing well. There is official channels for feature request through the elektron site. If you really want to see something added that is probably the best place to try.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s what I thought.

I desire disable all digitone effects and increase the voices.
I want you to invalidate reverb and delay etc., and turn the cpu performance to that for voices.

I want digitone to be able to sound browser preview the tone from the external keyboard.

1 Like

Portamento seems to be able to substitute ā€œLOCKED VOICESā€(locked 1 voice). It is strictly different.

Iā€™d really like to see loopable envelopesā€¦would free up some lfos :+1:

5 Likes

+1 This would open up a lot of possibilitiesā€¦I was surprised it didnā€™t have it to begin with.

I wish the filter types were in proper order. If you want to switch from LP2 to LP4 you have to go through HP, which will introduce an abrupt change in the sound.

8 Likes

This would be great! The A4 has something like this yeah?

1 Like

Is there already a similar function in a4?

Perhaps only AKā€¦ Iā€™m not sure as Iā€™ve never played with either AK or A4, but Cuckoo covers it here:

2 Likes

It is wonderful.
I am at work so I will watch later

Both the Analog Four and Analog Keys have the Multi Map feature that allows a different sound to be assigned to each MIDI note.

2 Likes

Along with p-locking the arp, it would be so crazy awesome if we could p-lock the arp designer, too. Imagine being able to create crazy fast melodies with that.

Also, I believe (donā€™t have it in front of me) that the MIDI tracks only have 1 LFO each. Can we get another one?