Digitone feature requests!

+1 on that ryan

1 Like

Just got mine, pretty good so far. Shocked there is no retrig. Use it all the time on OT. Does it mess with the voice count or something? This machine is crying out for it. Suppose I could sequence it from OT.
Initial impressions are good though, I see it as a partner for something rather than stand alone. Also seems to be a preset plus kind of setup with the options limited, but itā€™s a fair trade off for the price.
Sounds great.

1 Like

Retrig on this machine would be supreme. But based on the UI - I donā€™t think itā€™s gonna be coming :confused:

1 Like

I thought it was a signature feature of elektron machines. Not a deal breaker as I see DN for me as the ambient machine in the studio.

Unfortunately not- if only appears in their percussion- aimed machines. Their synthesizers never have it, you could always sample the hits into your OT and retrig on there as well as free up some voices on the machine!

It is a pretty great ambient machine, though- I have yet to design an excellent pad that really takes advantage of the shifting sound

Good thought on sampling the hits, been doing that with DFAM and lots of great stuff, sure DN will be just as good.

1 Like

Part III of ā€œDigitone, Foldish-Behavior, and Meā€

To get your typical wave folding/multiplying/timbre sounds ala Buchla/Serge/etc. is even simpler than I had thought.

1. Init a patch so you have a sine wave.
  2. Go to the Syn2 page.
  3. Play a note and sweep the level controls (knobs D and H).

Thatā€™s it. You can assign LFOs to this parameter and use them in triggered mode to do a typical enveloped harmonic sweep.

6 Likes

Yeah I feel like something needs to be done about this, itā€™s kinda ridiculous!

The controls on the Digitakt as well, why put in these new aircraft-grade encoders if theyā€™re not scaled right?

One bit of magic Iā€™ve gotten out of the Digitone is 2-fer patchingā€¦the mix control really means you have 24 algorithms in a sense, if you consider the X and Y lanes their own simpler algorithms. This can be put to good use by toggling between them rhythmically with a square LFOā€¦today I had a nice Kickenspiel going with that method, like two instruments on one trackā€¦a thumpy bass to the left and chimes to the right. You can obviously smear between them with a triangle or whatever, but getting the square synced up just so, is pretty bitchinā€™.

4 Likes

Heya just got my Dtone :slight_smile: Love it

Something I thought would be a neat featureā€¦ would be P-locking the Input FX sendsā€¦ currently this does not seem possible, which is a shameā€¦

Could this be added to the Midi Tracks? This is where it makes sense for meā€¦ Iā€™m controlling an external Instrument with the Digitone, sending it into the inputs, the effects are thereā€¦ it would be great to P-lock them :slight_smile:

I got scared and thought I was doing something wrong when I was holding a trig and they werenā€™t respondingā€¦ but I figure nopeā€¦ that aint a thing

1 Like

Also : Random Arp mode

Surprised thatā€™s not in there also

4 Likes

Last one, wish the Send FX were on 1st Amp Page, not 2nd. Would be cool to switch it to the first page and put the envelope on the 2nd page, for instance, as a settings.

1 Like

Change the filter type order from OFF>LP2>HP>LP4 to OFF>LP2>LP4>HP

Itā€™s really jarring having to skip thru HP filter mode to get to LP4

It doesnā€™t seem to logically make sense to have a HP filter sandwiched between to LP filter types.

26 Likes

Unfortunately Elekton does not consider this a bug, but a feature that may or may not be added.

Thereā€™s an lp4? I totally missed that! I missed it like Im missing the paper weight I was using to hold down the fill button, until I re-read the manualšŸ˜Ž

Smashing list, I approve

1 Like

On the Monomachine you can press Rec+Stop to enter notes one at a time. Would love that to finally come back. Would be a good fit for the A4/AK too. I always get confused when I have to add them a step at a time for longer sequences, or going back and fixing the quant after a live rec is a pain.

https://youtu.be/RYaMw00IWT0?t=57s for what I mean.

2 Likes

Iā€™d like to see a ā€œReload All Patternsā€ Key combo for instantly reloading all patterns to their last saved state. Just like the TEMPORARY RELOAD PATTERN Key combo but for all patterns in a project. This would be very handy for restoring ALL patterns to their default state when you have just messed up all your patterns in a performance session. I know I can reload the entire project but that takes quite some key presses and some time.

Another thing I would find very helpful is for the [PTN] key to NOT show the countdown message (BANK A : SELECT PTN ā€¦ ) WHEN you have just used the PTN key and pressed another key like one of the track keys for Pattern muting. You can still change pattern by holding the PTN key. I absolutely love the ā€œquick pattern muteā€ (PTN+Track key - itā€™s not in the manual) but the countdown message gets in the way when you have already muted that track and released the PTN key. Hope it makes sense but It would be really helpful when performing.

You could just reload your project

Ah yes, that looks like the famous SH-101 sequencer. I can imagine that being very useful if you donā€™t have a midi keyboard on hand, as itā€™ll allow you to enter notes without having to dial them in with a knob.