Digitone feature requests!

Besides, I think a Reload All Patterns is way faster since the TEMPORARY RELOAD PATTERN is instant.
It is not something extremely important but it would be convenient.

+1 for note slide.
Also a tune parameter on trig page. So that one could dial in detune on specific hits without needing to use an lfo for it.

1 Like

The MIDI key and itā€™s secondary functionality (CONTROL ALL) does exactly this. If you press, hold it and release it, it will show the Midi page but if you press and hold it and turn a knob it will not show the Midi page since itā€™s secondary function has been performed.
So please letā€™s have this with the PTN key as well.

Please, is there a way to have a longer preview time when selecting the LFO Destination? Before it reverts to the previous selection.

2 Likes

ā€œTemporary Reload Patternā€ doesnā€™t load from disk, but only from RAM. Thatā€™s why it is so fast.

To illustrate this behaviour:

1. Make a change to a pattern
  2. Switch to another pattern and back to first one
  3. Try ā€œTemporary Reload Patternā€

You will see the pattern wonā€™t change back to itā€™s state on disk. You need to reload the project to get it back.

(at least the AR and A4 behave this way and I think Digitakt and Digitone, too)

Timewise ā€œReload all Patternsā€ will almost take the same time as ā€œReload Projectā€, because the main chunk of data in a project is pattern data.

Update (from the Digitone manual):

The TEMPORARY SAVE PATTERN and TEMPORARY RELOAD PATTERN commands are great when improvising live. Any changes made to the active pattern, like adding bass line notes or using CONTROL ALL, can immediately be undone. The temporary saves and reloads do not affect the pattern in a permanent way.

Not correct.
I just tried and each pattern changed reloads exactly as it was saved on disk even if you have switched away from it.

I wouldnā€™t mind if it was reloading from RAM. Thatā€™s where it would be helpful, to quickly undo ALL ones changes. It will be faster, at least if there is a key combo for it.
In any case even if nothing has been TEMP SAVED it will still be restored to the saved state via the TEMPORARY RELOAD PATTERN.

Then the Digitone is much more useful in this respect than A4/AR. I wonder if there is really a shadow copy of all patterns in RAM or if it is restricted to a few ā€¦

1 Like

Yeah itā€™s incredibly useful! I have been getting the impression that there is a copy of all patterns but Iā€™ll check.

It would be great to be able to play-preview sounds in the browser from the connected MIDI keyboard. Currently the MIDI keyboard only plays sounds selected from the browser into the track.

1 Like

Set your controller to the ā€˜autoā€™ channel. Then it will play whatever the selected track is, and additionally play the sounds when you are in the sound browser

Grid recording using track note method: get rid of the [yes]/[no] option to commit changes!

Itā€™s frustrating when editing a pattern to add/change a note and not be able to hear the change until you hit [yes] or [no] and EXIT THE MENU. So if you donā€™t like the change, you have go back into the editing mode, make the change, then leave again to hear the change. Unnecessary mood killer.

6 Likes

There is no way to hold the arp, is there?

Yes, this is a pain. I mean you could still have ā€˜Noā€™ to cancel any changes, right?

1 Like

The big request for me (also on Digitakt) is that it should be possible (if desired) to load existing melodic patterns during playback in such a way that only note and other sequencer info is loaded (i.e. sounds, parameters, FX etc are not changed). I.e. load just the trigs from an existing pattern without switching to it.

This could work by holding down a key while choosing the pattern, or by using a menu option, which would help with chains.

Does anyone have any workarounds for this point? Have been through both manuals and not found a really good way to do something like this.

2 Likes

How would this handle sound locks and parameter locks though?

1 Like

Well, Iā€™m pretty sure the locks should really stay with the notes in the pattern (for me), some may differ on that pointā€¦I mean I can also imagine having two versions of a pattern in a project, one with locks, one without, for live use.

Iā€™d also like a quick way of copying master / FX settings / Sounds between patterns. If you change (say) the reverb settings or replace a sound on one pattern itā€™s a pain to introduce the same change on every pattern. (OK I get that some track settings, trigs, sounds etc can be copied, this is more like a way of doing a global replace within a project I suppose).

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty sure if your in step recording mode copying the track just copies the notes (parameter locks might mess with that).

1 Like

Yeah seems possible, The manual explanation of copying note trigs sounds not exactly trivial. On P36 of it explains you can copy individual trigs in grid recording mode, and select a range of trigs to copy more than one at once. Not in front of machine right now, and no idea if you can switch page while doing it (Iā€™d hope so!).

Iā€™m wondering if itā€™s actually possible to copy the whole page settings for (say) the reverb page. Though the manual says ā€˜track pagesā€™, Iā€™ll have a try anyway.

Quick Q regarding parameter locks - am incorrect in saying Ctrl All does not affect sound locks?

How can the arpeggio step be selected? I.e. on the analog 4 i just select the trig, and then do the offset. In the digitone, i couldnā€™t select the trig to set the offset. Worked only on first step? The manual did not outline how to select the arp - step.

Elektron please do sequencer slides, and individual track clock divison. Also ARP on the midi track would highly be appreciated. Also a song mode (pattern chaining) would be very cool.

1 Like