Digitone feature requests!

Slide +1

8 Likes

I hope youā€™re wrong - multiple boxes for multiple synthesis methods, for around 700ā‚¬ each? Seems pretty expensive, even for Elektron standards.

I sure hope they expand the Digitones capabilities and make it a true Monomachine successor.

2 Likes

Me too. Hope Iā€™m wrong

1 Like

i would totally buy other ā€œmachinesā€ from elektron for the digitone. elektron, please consider this as a business model! would also save the environment :wink:

3 Likes

Actually yeah, other firmware/OS options or even different synthesis methods selectable per project would be awesome.

2 Likes

usb audio output would be cool.

Iā€™d love this. Iā€™ve actually been emulating this with the one-shot LFO+Fade trick that someone recently posted. I actually managed a pretty convincing 303 emulation last night (minus a tiny bit of the characteristic squelch on the highest resonant peaks) but being able to lock a slide would be SO nice!

Edit: Oh, as a continuation of my experimentation with wave-folder type effects, I did stumble on a very similar effect, and it was done very simply. It was just modulating one ratio between operators, but I canā€™t remember which algorithm(s) it worked in. It was about as basic a patch as could be though. So Iā€™m not sure adding one specifically would be of much use. Iā€™ll figure out the best sounding algorithm to do this in, and post a few results when I get a chance.

3 Likes

Why? They already sell a sampler and a FM machine separately (each >700.-) and I guess both contain exactly the same hardware.

From a business point of view the times of a Monomachine are long gone (I donā€™t like this, but itā€™s simply a fact).

1 Like

+1

Definitely need pitch bend and mod wheel on the midi tracks. Not sure why these can only be assigned to LFO at the moment.

The mod wheel knob works ok, but the pitch bend knob would be a lot more useful if it automatically returned to 0.

Not exactly, the DN has a secondary brain. :wink:

I prefer machines focused on doing one thing well instead of devices throwing in a lot of different synth engines etc.

6 Likes

Ha, you are right. Did my homework.

2 Likes

I hate working with engines myself- the Digitone is near perfect in concept and execution- 700 for a purely FM synth seems accurate for its feature-set and uniqueness.

(I wouldnā€™t complain if they added more voices though- the ability to overlap notes makes me really question how I got so much out of the A4)(those babies get eaten up QUICK)

Hereā€™s one I thought of, plus a possible idea for how to activate itā€¦

Ability to change pattern for only one track at a time! Like in Nanoloop!

Key combination idea:
Hold the track button you want to change, press/hold pattern and then press the pattern trig you want to change to.

Software-wise, itā€™d probably be pretty complex to implement, but wouldnā€™t that just be amazing if patterns could be easily combined together for transitions :smiley:

12 Likes

a workaround for that is to just have 4 digtones. then you could change patterns per track pretty easy

4 Likes

Of course! That would solve everyone elseā€™s polyphony issues as well!

1 Like

Ok then, poly-chain it is! :smiley:

you can create a pattern with a different sequence just for one track, keeping the sequences the same for the 3 other tracks. I think they are enough pattern per project to ā€œworkā€ like that. :+1:

2 Likes

Or sequence it externally

Please i need it quick :

here

15 Likes