Digitone (DN+DT) only music

Just released the title track from our upcoming ep - Digiform. Digiform will be out on 1/22/2021.

This track was made with a dnk and flute samples on digitakt.

1 Like

It’s snowing in Paris! … So I grabbed a camera and we went for a walk, then I made coffee and grabbed my Digitone. I’m very happy with the patches I came up with, those two leads are essentially what I loved about the Digitone in the first place. I had a lot of fun with aftertouch on this one also!
I hope you’ll like it!

8 Likes

This guy is doing some seriously deep drones on the DN:

2 Likes

My last jam for jamuary. heavy use of delay on the hh because I wanted to add more sounds but well, in the end, did not haha (who said I’m being lazy? you’ll be right though…)

3 Likes

DT + DN

1 Like

After a long time I made a few new patches and somehow I glued a small snippet and mixed it in Ableton.
Recorded Digitone the old way… Track by track in Ableton without Overbridge because of FX channel and master overdrive recording problems.

13 Likes

Two recent jams, on the more mellow side of things…

4 Likes

I meant to share this out here and I forgot!
I feel like my music pretty simple still, but I’m having fun learning this machine.

1 Like

Nice sound design :astonished: One of the best songs I’ve ever heard with Digitone! Even if it’s short. Well done!

2 Likes

Hello, I continued to work on the Soma compétition track and finish this track.

3 Likes

Ambient jam with the DN & DT, a few guitar pedals and the organelle:

3 Likes

Not mine:

Nice description of what inspired it

"The composer Don Voegeli (pronounced vaguely) taught at UW Madison and worked at WHA/Wisconsin Public Radio for many years. Without doubt his most famous composition is the theme for the NPR program, All Things Considered. His synthesized radio materials – so-called bumpers, intros, outros, buttons, beds, and more – were a part of the sonic landscape of our household as I was growing up. For those who can’t get enough of his primary-color, Moog-based loopy minimalism, there are numerous out-of-print compilation albums of his material available in the after market.

For me, it remains during this time an important task to compose, now and then, the odd 19-tone radio de-stress signal that speaks clearly to our need. As always, I try to keep the hardware requirements for these things to a minimum – no computer and featuring several grooveboxes. Because, wouldn’t it be fun to tuck your groovebox into a big pocket and take it down to your local coffee shop to play a set there?"

"I'm curious how you pulled off 19-tone scale on the Digitone? Is each trigger tuned separately?"

“Not each trigger but… I’ve tried literally about a dozen ways to make microtonality work to my satisfaction with the DN and have pretty much given up, & this one is maybe the best – but it’s exhausting because, yeah, there is a lot of fussy hand tuning. Primarily though this one uses multiple Digitones and multiple midi channels with my keyboard going into a Max patch I made that remaps everything to different, detuned channels. This is recorded on the DNs, at which point I can forget the computer. The 19 tone thing is approximated [but pretty close] because I break each semitone into 6 parts, which is good but not great resolution for matching 19 – where one step = 63¢.”

1 Like

Nice piece of music! I guess microtonality is possible by exploring the operators ratio offsets on SYN1 page 2. This is a feature of the latest OS. They can be p-locked and used as base tones in sequences.
Another option: when microtonally prepared individual sounds saved to the sound pool they can be mapped to keyboard in multimap mode. This can work with external midi keyboard or internal keyboard and sequencer with midi loopback.

First tune I did with DN as the only synth used. DT on one shot duties and a little light percussion mangling from OT. Just a rough mix but wanted to contribute to the thread :slight_smile:

1 Like

Made this today, i had some loops laying around, so i started to add stuff and i recorded it. I really enjoyed not having to give the process much thought and making something fast by intuition! DN and DT only

4 Likes

Just tinkering around.

Dtn one

1 Like

Not mine

8 Likes

Another tune using just DN and an E2S.

2 Likes

Just the digitone on this one. added some reverb in ableton.

4 Likes

A Drum and Bass beat i made with Digitone, Digitakt, Roland Sh01a, and Empress Zoia

5 Likes