Digitone (DN+DT) only music

Sounds beautiful! I could imagine this, easily beeing part of a Ghost in the Shelll movie (the anime) soundtrack!

2 Likes

You’re right, it actually sounds Asian! I had something completely different in mind :upside_down_face: To be part of such a soundtrack would be awesome. I love the dramatic choir at the beginning of the movie.

1 Like

Ambient electronic track i made with DT + DN. inspired by AFX.

3 Likes

More adventures on DT, DN Keys & Analog Heat mk II - Audio coming straight off the boxes. Anyone hear this style done much on Elektron gear?

1 Like

Hi fellow Elektronauts.

Here’s another IDM-ish track created with my 2 Digitones (bass, pads, melody and arps), with some great help from the excellent Nord Drum 3P and Model:Cycles on drums and percussion.

Sequenced from Ableton Live 10 and M4L.
Used 20 Lfo’s on the Nord Drum 3P to add variation in the drum sounds.
Added some VST fx for reverb and spaciousness.
Used some side chain compression on the bass sounds with Live’s native fx.
Mastered in Ozone 8.

All have a nice New Year’s Eve and a musical 2021!

Kind regards, Sander

5 Likes

Deep house on the DT + DN:

2 Likes

Only DT

2 Likes

I love how the digitone records anything straight to my phone over usb now.

6 Likes

It’s Digitone only (but with vocals for some):

I’ve learnt that you can play a note on one track, hold it, switch to an other track and play and still keep the note going. That allowed me to introduce a drone bass note mid jam until the end.

This is just me goofing around with high pitched vocals (for me that is) haha.

I’ve used an LFO to fake side-chaining.

The same as above but with vocals:

3 Likes

Amazing tracks and beautiful voice! Can I ask how are you processing the vocals?

1 Like

Thanks!

Vocals I use a ton of plugins (too much) haha…

I record via my apollo twin with the neve pre (the cheaper one!) followed by a 76 then a 2A (I use a warm audio wa87 for mic).

Then in the DAW I use an EQ to get rid of contents below 70-80hz and weird emphasis that my room creates, some multiband compression to contain some frequencies when I get loud, yet again 76/2a (they don’t work much on each pass), a deesser and I like to put the microshift from soundtoys at the very end to widen it up.

Then come the sends…
3 reverbs( room, hall, plate that I blend), delays most of the time (1/4 or 1/4t and 1/8 or 1/8t).
Those are kinda defaults.
I automate them on some words or verse/chorus where one reverb will be more present than an other.

Then I may use some effects like for the jam the last dance where I used Guitar rig from NI (I like the glitchy stutter effects available) or Eventide Crystals.

Does it answer your question?

But really I hate mixing my own voice so I use a ton of plugins…

3 Likes
7 Likes

Yes, thanks for taking the time. I don’t think you are abusing the effects at all, it sounds pretty nice!

1 Like

no problem! PM me if you want more details of the plugins (I use mainly UAD reverbs though haha)

1 Like

wow, really nice!
a 2 Digitone setup? love it!

1 Like

its jamuary.
Listen to Timbo_Of_The_Night - midday nights.mp3 by Timbo_of_the_night on #SoundCloud

Here is my new Digitone performance with vocal. it took me forever, take after take while I’m almost doing nothing haha… that was painful but hope you’ll enjoy the jam:

1 Like

Yes, Digitone duo is the best!

1 Like

my new jam with the Digitone (with vocals).

I found this organ like sound and it inspired me this “song”

2 Likes

Been a while since I used my Digitone. Need to start using it more, great little box.

2 Likes