Digitone / Digitone Keys: bug reports

On Linux but not comfortable with the terminal? Hmmmmmm

1 Like

Off topic

Linux for average people

Indeed, i don’t think using non proprietary OS should be conditioned to being a command line nerd. Try a DAW in command line and enjoy yourself :wink:

1 Like

I reported it.

The support representative told me that this was the expected behavior: “A synth track must be triggered for the changed values of the mixer’s external parameters to be updated (audibly).”

I can’t try it right now, I’ll do a test tomorrow and will indicate the result of my tests.

1 Like

I’m having the same encoder issues as mention above not as sensitive as before.

Also running into an strange issue now with freezing. I haven’t narrowed it down. But I’m assuming it’s the same issue I have with my OT when it’s connected via USB for a long time it randomly freezes. I usually keep the DN plugged in for overbidge/midi. I’ll try again later with and without to see if that’s the root cause.

hmm… that combo worked pretty reliably for me. Only had the problem that sometimes notes hang (but that was gone in the next session and wasn’t Digitone’s fault – I think – because double stop didn’t stop the hung up notes.

There is some confusion. First you talk about Ext. In (the level of inputs) then Internal mixer.
Would you mind getting a few photos that show what you mean exactly?

Dammit, that’s very good, thanks! I got confused with Overwitch and did not see mention of a GUI on Github…

1 Like

I am happy to help. I am no math or computer genius, and I have learned to use the Linux command line, write simple scripts and explore the massive amounts ofhelpful Linux advice on the internet. Regarding your backup issues, here is a place to start:

This has, so far, been a 100% reliable method of backing up stuff from my Digitone. I have also upgraded my DN firmware twice using amidi (command line utility) with zero problems.

Again, I’m happy to walk you through the commands, if you are feeling fearful.

And Elektroid, though I’ve only used in once with my Digitakt, worked perfectly well and is a GUI application.

My journey into Linux started when I still used a Mac but was arranging a lot of music using Gnu LilyPond. Printed music is created in LilyPond by starting with text-only documents which are then compiled into PDF. That got me started down the road of WYSIWYM (what you see is what you mean) computing. Learning to get around the Linux command line environment is a series of baby steps. But, at every level of understanding, there are cool things you can do!

Let me know if I can help!

3 Likes

After doing lots of beta testing and uninstalling/reinstalling, this eventually happened to me.
Assuming you’re on Win10, you have to go into the Device Manager, enable “Show hidden devices” and delete all the “hidden” devices related to the Digitone. These items will reside in “Sound, video, and game controllers,” as well as other areas. You should go through each device category. (You should uninstall OB prior to doing this, then reinstall, cleanly.)

Please initiate a restore-point if you are unsure of what you’re doing.

Yes indeed, I made a typo. I should have said “EXTERNAL MIXER”, not “INTERNAL MIXER”.
In my case, the “EXTERNAL MIXER” parameter is disabled (not checked).
Sorry for the confusion.

Also, I did a test. With a trig at the beginning of a sequence, it activates the displayed parameters of the pattern for EXT-IN MIXER L.
In my case where I sequence externally by MIDI, I will have to put a silent trig at the beginning of each pattern.

The support representative told me that this is the expected behavior and that it was like this in previous versions, so I no longer consider it as a bug.

1 Like

Thank you so much glitched. It did the trick!

1 Like

Not sure where to post this actually.

I have an OT sending arp notes with 3 LFO on a DN channel.
I was tweaking things a bit (adding tricks IIRC) on the DN channel when it froze. All is lit an nothing responds.

I even had a Microcosm FX pedal attached in MIDI that panicked as well. I had to unplug/replug as it had become mad.

Is there a chance there was a midi loop?

Nope.

Any chance that PC works between Elektron machines without being one bar late? :thinking: :zipper_mouth_face:
I don’t think it’s exclusive to digitone, but the pattern change work well when Ch.Len is OFF, but as soon as you have a value in there, the slave machine always do one cycle more before changing.
That’s a big big down as you can’t do any kind of polyrhythm without having to manually change the pattern on both devices… (at least in my setup DT+DN)

2 Likes

Hi Lying Dalai. Any word on this per chance? I’ve been reluctant to try myself as it was suggested that reverting to old OS is not recommended.

Happened again, on a different pattern.

Can anyone confirm? LFO on OT > Digitone Note Length (CC5) Isosquare waveform/Mult 1x/Free/Speed 24/Depth 64.

After a few notes, the DN freezes with a high pitch note, forced to reboot.

I opened a ticket. Hard to believe the DN is MIDI panicking with a single MIDI track.

Edit: after two reboots because of it, it is now working even with higher settings (i’m stubborn :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) so it migt not be consistent but i can definitely reproduce it after tweaking the values a bit.

Reverting to previous OS is ok, but you won’t be able to open projects created or modified under the new OS.
So you have to first backup all your machine (projects and maybe even sounds) under your current OS to make sure you can find your way back.

2 Likes

Haven’t updated yet, gig coming up, but just wondered if there was any improvement to chain mode? I kinda gave up on that a while back due to its inscrutability and general wonkiness, but would love to know if they tackled that, even slightly?