Digitone / Digitone Keys: bug reports

You can read all changes yourself in the release notes.

1 Like

Cheers, looks like it got ignored again. I guess nobody uses chaining much.

1 Like

I donā€™t think they fix things according that point. Pattern Chaining issues have been mentioned a lot as problematic.

1 Like

is it safe to assume all the bugs have been fixed for 1.32?

Thanks may take a whack this weekend.

1 Like

If anyone with an Octatrack (maybe Digitakt as well) cares to try reproducing the freeze, Elektron said

The freeze could be related to a known issue that we have hunted for quite a while. Any clues that can help us reproduce will be valuable.

Anybody encountered this kind of issue with Midi freezing the DN?

Not sure if this is related, but I mention it anyway (youā€™ll never know): I could freeze my DN easily when I was using it with my MPC One. The MPC sends a CC120 and/or CC123 when you press stop and that freezed my DN most of the time. I did not see this mentioned in the release notes as fixed. Elektron is aware of it though.

I sent a CC 120 yesterday and IIRC it just stopped the DN sequencer, no freezing.

I can confirm cc120 stops the sequencer but only when I change the value on the OT pressing plays start it back but it kills all sound immediately.

As for send the LFO to cc9 I couldnā€™t recreate the freeze even maxing the depth and speed of the LFO it still runs. But I have been getting random freezing as well specifically over usb.

My mistake, Note Length is actually CC 5, I corrected my post.

Did you try setting trigs on the OT Midi Track, the DN Midi track and a different track length on the DN?

So far still good for me at least. I have the DN on 1:2 scale with a 16 step seq and the OT midi track 1:1 scale, 9 steps set with 3 trigs, and parameter locks.

By track length i meant odd number of steps, like 14/16. Not just playing with scale multiplier.

Yes yes 9/16 then 5/16 just to see if having a shorter pattern length would cause it to freak out.

Thanks for testing. I tried to replicate in a new pattern and could not.
I must have very weird settings on the problematic pattern cause itā€™s consistently freezing the DN and all devices down the chain as well.
Also iā€™m struggling a ton with the MIDI PC change from OT to DN so I start to think something in my MIDI configuration must f**ked up. Iā€™m troubleshooting stuff since like 9 hours now, i should go rest :wink:

And with just the DN and Octatrack connected?

Do we have an eta on a patch yet?

I still have the same issues with these two devices only.

some time next week would be my guess, about par for the course - no official word though !

1 Like

Ok, so this CC120/123 is not related to your issue. Elimination is key in these of things so:

the only way unfortunately is to systematically figure out what is specific to this pattern what caused the freezeā€¦

Let me take back that one as well. I noticed that it happens also just letting the thing being played without tweaking. I thought tweaking was causing the thing but itā€™s only because it doesnā€™t happen at the same moment, can be one bar or 8 or whatever before it freezes.