Digitone / Digitone Keys: bug reports

Since the upgrade on my digitone the program change via midi to the minilogue XD doesn’t react proper even though I did not change any settings in the midi configurations of both machines. It only changes the program number on the midi channel when I manually press a trig. Does anyone have the same or a similar issue?

I have been having 2 issues:
1)
After the update Overbridge is no longer able to find my Digitone in overbridge mode, overbridge does find the Digitone when its in “usb midi” or “usb audio/midi”. Overbridge have no problem finding my A4 that does not have lates firmvare.
I have tried on two diffrent computers with the same result, i have tried to reinstalled both the update and done a factory reset on the digitone.
I have also reinstalled overbridge on both computers.
Overbridge version: 2.0.65.2
Am I missing something?
and
2)
The arp bug from the 1.31 is still there on the Digitone.

The update somehow changed some MIDI settings for me. I had problems with the PC change from the OT and noticed the PC change IN had switched to auto after the upgrade.

Yes, the PC channel was set to “auto”, same here. But even after I changed it to the previous settings, the PC is buggy

I seem to be having issues with Class Compliant MIDI and the iPad. I have an AUM project that I control certain AUv3 parameters with the DN. Since, upgrading, AUM sees the Digitone but none of my mappings work. When I try to ‘Learn’ the mapping again, I get nothing. It does not detect MIDI messages. It happened yesterday then through some voodoo or black magic, it started working and was fine all day. I’m having the same problem this morning. This used to just power up and work. No finagling.

Definitely something odd going on.

Edit: If AUM is started before the DN powers up, AUM sees the DN come online but no MIDI works. If I keep AUM on then power cycle the DN, it starts to work again. Unplugging/replugging the USB cable does not do it.

Maybe not a big issue compared to everyone else’s bug reports, but when I did the update, the machine did not auto restart. I left it on 3 minutes or so and got impatient and manually restarted it. Everything updated fine otherwise.

1 Like

I had this as well and this behaviour was also mentioned in the regular 1.32 thread by others.

3 Likes

After completing firmware had the bad surprise of having all of my latest project (sounds, patterns) wiped clean. Had to reinstall my latest saved project and all works okay now. But I was frightened there for some long minutes. ( i read AFTERWARDS that I should have positioned my pattern on a new empty one).
Too bad that one must go through so much anxiety hoping things will be ok.

I have problems with the EXT-IN MIXER L (Master Page 2/3).

In my case, all global parameters are disabled (so, INTERNAL MIXER is disabled).

When I change pattern, the parameter values are only updated graphically, the applied values do not change!
It is as if the global parameter INTERNAL MIXER was enabled at the effective level, but disabled at the graphical level.

After pattern change, if I tweak knobs, I can then adjust them visually and effectively. It works correctly, but only until the next pattern change!

I rarely do so, but it happened to me once that I lost a project, so it’s good practice to always backup everything before updating the firmware.
With Transfer, it’s become really easy, so there is no excuse anymore ^^

Usually, everything is fine, though.
Hope you haven’t lost too much.

Please report to Elektron support if you haven’t already, this one seems nasty.

1 Like

Being on Linux is a pretty good excuse :wink:

1 Like

This is a bug. I got a reply to my ticket and this will be fixed soon they said :wink:

1 Like

In the main 1.32 thread, a user claimed that the update changed some of the sounds in their patterns. Has anyone run into this? They thought it had something to do with differences in release behavior.

Very imprecise behavior description, to be investigated further :thinking:

3 Likes

I know - I’ve just spent more time hunting bugs than creating music for the past two years, so when I encountered this problem I couldn’t be arsed to spend more time on it than what was needed to roll back as quick as possible.

But, consider yourself warned? :slight_smile:

2 Likes
2 Likes

Hi, I’m facing an issue with Digitone Keys 1.32 where I’m using an arp track on T2 und T3. The arp and notes (chords) in T2 are already set and playing in a loop. When I’m trying the play notes in T3 over the keyboard. It happens, that keystroke are bleeding through into T2 and changing its played arp sequence.

This only happens if T3 is unmuted. Once muted, I can play as I want, the arp sequence in T2 than remains unchanged.

You can always reset a track volume to 100 when you select the desired track, press the [Level/Data] encoder and [No]. This works the same way in all track related pages from [TRIG], [SYN1] to [LFO].

If i am not mistaken Elektroid works with command line only, not very user friendly and not for me.
I still keep my excuse as valid :wink:

I use this already but the bug is here still when you want to fine tune.
On some pages i wish there were more intermediate alues when using Func+knob (LFO depth for instance).