Digitone / Digitone Keys: bug reports

Please contact Elektron support anyway.

OS1.40C
Audio in sometimes bypasses the fx.
In my case: i’ve got moog minitaur goes in DN audio in R channel set to mono. FX are on. When i change pattern, sometimes moog gets no fx but they are set to ON, with sends levels UP. When I power off then power on, FX are heard correctly.
Weird :confused:

v1.41

The chord feature is broken, regardless of scale ie chromatic or not the chord (G) does not work, it’s only playing the root note.

If not done already, please contact Elektron support, if possible with a detailed explanation so that they can reproduce the problem.

This has only happened to me when other tracks are stealing the voices. Did you try explicitly setting the voice-count of each track, allowing for enough voices to play the chord on the problem track? Also, if the length parameter of a track is set high enough, it can also start stealing voices.

I am using 1.40. If this is a real problem, then I am definitely NOT upgrading to 1.41 any time soon.

I got a stuck MIDI note in a project where the DN plays sequence sent by OT.

I monitored MIDI on the laptop and everything seems normal.

I start to suspect the DN. Double pressing stop on the OT doesn’t stop the note. I have to press Stop on the DN. No note length set to INF.
I’m on 1.40B.

1.41 after the update, by default I don’t see which track is muted and which is not. also now, to see which track is playing (white blinks when notes are triggered), you need to press the FUNC button. By default the only indication is highlighted track lit in red. :confused:

1 Like

The release note said they changed the Mue display but as i always was confused by the different colors as I didn’t dare updating to get yet another color scheme that would confuse me more.

Did they add an option in the menu to change the behavior of the leds (like reverting to the previous scheme) by any chance?

Its a strange behaviour they mention in the updated manual in a sentence on p 63.

„ After you restart the device, load/reload a project, or after pressing [STOP] + [STOP], you must trig an audio track to activate the effects for the EXT-IN MIXER L page.“

in my words: You have to play a note on a non-midi track, then fx for ext in work again.

That behaviour annoyed me too when I used DN together with my DT as a synth and FX processor for external gear. It’s same on DT, but since DT is my main sequencer it’s always playing something so it’s not a problem.

Anybody knows if ST behaves the same?

When in song mode on my Digitone, once it reaches the end it loops back to the start of the song and will continue to play the song through in its entirety again until I manually stop it. I have set the last row to STOP (and not LOOP).

?! The last row is the mode for the whole song …

I just tried it but can’t reproduce. Is this specific for a certain project?

Can’t reproduce. Only when I lock the amount of voices explicitly to just one it will only playback the root node. (as already suggested by @aMunchkinElfGraduate). In normal circumstances the chord mode works just fine.

Is this reproducible in any project or do you encounter this in a specific project?

1 Like

Yea I haven’t had time to double check, will try with a new project today and look at the voices and report a bug if it’s actually reproducible.

1 Like

With the new unified system of mute mode and track selection, it’s not clear which track is muted if I’m not in mute mode

4 Likes

hold func to check the mutes?

Yeah, it’s the only way now

that sounds annoying, anyone has a video how it looks? I was just about to update but now i’m having second thoughts…

To me the way mutes work and look is the most confusing thing on DN, even more than synth engine itself :sweat_smile: I really need to install this update to see if it’s any more clear now. Sounds kind of like DT behaviour, which I like.

1 Like