Digitone / Digitone Keys: bug reports

Damn, just lost a track when digitone decided to give up on me :unamused:

I did a lot of temporary saves, but hadnā€™t done a full save yet.
I was just finishing some last details. :man_shrugging:

Just before the crash I noticed that one track(T2) wasnā€™t playing any sound anymore. When I hit the record button to look a the trigs. All trigs were gone and the only trig that was showing was trig 1, but it stayed white instead of red.

A few seconds later it crashed completely with the message in the picture.

Had to turn it off and on again.
It seem to work again, but the things I was working on or gone.

This never happened before.
I had a crash once during startup, but never when I was playing.
I have a gig in 2 days, so I hope it doesnā€™t happen again in the next few days or ever.

Anyone else got a crash with this exception before?
Iā€™m on OS1.40, I think A.

SONG MODE
A saved song isnā€™t loaded properly. If I have added a row and then reload the song, the row is still there. I have to reload the project to load the song properly.

ARP + Fill
If I hold FILL my arp plays constantly without taking the length of each arpeggiated note into consideration. All 4 tracks are playing.

1 Like

Over time Iā€™ve noticed the ā€˜effects stop working, need a rebootā€™ bug is increasing, at least for me. Iā€™d assumed it was some software thing and would therefore be largely happening at the same frequency. Half the time these days Iā€™m just using the external inputs and sequencer and not involving the Digitoneā€™s synth engine - is it possible the effects sulk and refuse to work if you donā€™t occasionally squirt some FM at them?

reboot not necessary. FX deactivate after some time if no internal synth sounds are sent to them.
so you are correct about squirting FM. lame that it happens but there must be a good reason for it, since people been identifying it as an issue for a long time now.

send init/any patch to fx and play a trig, should bring back fx.

3 Likes

Aha I did wonder, thanks for that confirmation!

Just updated to 1.4.1 and the mute state is broken. Track 2 lights up red on every pattern and all other track keys are just weakly backlit. Iā€™ll be reverting right away.