Digitone and Digitone Keys 1.32

THIS!! Track selection via Midi would be a very nice feature improvement for the midi auto channel

1 Like

i think it’s the cautiousness of elektron. every feature is well thought out before it’s integrated, better less than too much, i guess that’s why elektron products have the value they do.

1 Like

Damn it… my system with Overbridge was working fine till a couple of hours ago with this update… :rage:

So Overbridge Control Panel sees all 3 of my devices online (DN, AR, A4) but only the AR OB sees the device.

I’ve uninstalled OB 3 times now and reinstalled, same thing.

Anyone know what to do?

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Digitone / Digitone Keys 1.32 : bug reports

Please discuss any bugs or roach-like behaviors here:

4 Likes

They have another box for release

Analog series are here to stay for long time as well as digi series

1 Like

strange…

So it’s not just me! I noticed this earlier and assumed it was a hardware issue. It doesn’t move up in larger increments when pushed at the same time, right?

I guess the development of a platform (whatever it ends up being) is their first priority and we wouldn’t see it for a couple of years because of the whole complexity.

Then there is a firmware for a new box, which should be designed with no blocks for a future support of the mentioned platform. I will understand if current boxes wouldn’t get one — I think most of them are already capped by hardware and firmware limitations. But I can’t see them dropping support for a 1-3 year old hardware because they are a software company now.

And lastly there are firmware updates for existing boxes done by a small team during their “free time”.

With the new hires all three projects could easily take more time than expected.

2 Likes

Did they change something in the reverb sends? Seems a lot softer to my ears than before the update.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t think it is.

I am a big fan of using multiple inputs and personally this resolved a lot of my main issues, especially surrounding dedicated FX sends ! :smiley: A super quick overview of how to set up dual mono and global FX / Mixer settings

5 Likes

Hmm, I will not update before Elektron fixes all the bugs. Its seems to be a really buggy one this time.

1 Like

I concur. The only bit that appeals is the dimmable LEDs, but not worth it if it introduces bugs. Happy with my stable Digitone.

Some FM updates would be nice…

5 Likes

Word!

Real fanboys use the update, bugs and all.

6 Likes

lol, using new firmware on non-critical devices in my life is one of the few times i don’t worry too much about risk-aversion.

3 Likes

If i get it correctly, the Drive/Overdrive can be applied twice to audio tracks (per track + Master Overdrive) but can’t be applied independently to an Input?

So there’s no way to have some overdive FX affecting only the Input?

Do you mean that the Main/FX track is also dual mono when using overbridge?

Previously, the all FX from every channel would get mixed up in the Main/FX track when in overbridge mode. (Audio 1 + 2)

All tracks would also print out their dry signal in other lanes, but the MAIN/FX track was dedicated to the Main and fully wet FX - just as you would hear on headphones.

It’d be great to be able to treat Ext-1 with reverb & delay, and not have it mix over with Ext-2’s reverb & delay when streaming via overbridge.

Ext-1 will still print dry in another lane, so would Ext-2… but it’d be cool to be able to master the FX individually if needed.

I hope this makes sense… since not that many people will know the answer to this.

Sounds very reasonable, all of this.