Digitone / Digitone Keys: bug reports

only for track 4 here :sweat_smile:

Perhaps it has something to do with the currently active track ?

1 Like

indeed!

Confirmed.
Pressing the encoder + [No] to reset the mixer level value only works for the currently active track.

The display not sleeping is pretty big for me. I leave my stuff on for days.

5 Likes

There’s like a bug for the Track 1 in the Mixer page.
The value of 100 is really hard to approach, it slows down toward 90 and needs a fast twist to start changing the value again.

It is not an encoder issue, the problem happens only here.

Edit: if you look at the chronology of this message, it’s’like time travelling :wink:

3 Likes

Hi all,
Ive just installed the update and tried to use separate input with different fx setting. On the left side I route mono out from my mks-50 to input left, and se-02 to input right. The problem occurs when I solo the mks, and when I do this I cant hear any fx triggering. When i trigger input right the fx is on again. Ive tried different things, like that dual switch, but no fx triggered, just sound on left side.

Any Ideas?

Cheers
Per

I noticed this as well. If you turn the knob really slowly, the value doesn’t increase and sometimes even decrease… to make it work you need to go faster, but then it’s not as precise.
It can not be a knob issue as it works well on other pages + my digitone is 3 days old.

Can confirm. Trk 1 level value cannot be slowly set using the encoder, only fast increments seem to register.
Also: pressing the encoder and [No] only resets the value on track 1, doesn’t seem to work on tracks 2-4.
edit: only active track

Also: the display no longer goes to sleep when I leave the DN (and DT) turned on.

Same - Track 1 level and not going to sleep. I’m on the Digitone Keys.

Not able to replicate the display sleep bug on this end. I’m on Keys as well. Might be dependent on another setting?

Mine is going to sleep. I don’t remember if there’s any option about it in the settings of the DN.

1 Like

I’m have a problem with the encoders behaving strangely as well. Seems like there’s a lag on movements.

1 Like

In addition to the laggy encoder behaviour on Mixer page, it seems that I can’t easily go back from some secondary pages anymore.

For example:
When in Chorus menu, presing SYN2/Chorus button doesn’t exit the Chorus. When in Delay, Reverb or Mixer menus, however, their corresponding buttons do as expected and I am back in Filter, Amp or LFO pages.

In all of these cases pressing NO doesn’t work as expected too. However when in Setup or Arp menus, pressing NO takes me back to the main screen.

Also, when in preset selection menu via double clicking T1-T4, pressing a track button doesn’t exit the selection menu. NO works as expected.

Can confirm.
Pressing [Syn2] when in the Chorus page does not return you to the Syn2 page, neither does pressing [No].

On your last point: double tapping the track button exits the preset menu. I can’t remember if this was different in the previous OS version though.

Hmm, some of these bugs are pretty obvious that I can’t understand how they were not found during beta-testing…

Do you guys notice any difference in behaviour when you start a new project?

2 Likes

Exactly. This really pisses me off. Do they even beta-test ?
It’s not like the UI is so complex. These issues could have been caught with a simple test protocol.

1 Like

Do you notice any difference when you start a new project in some of the issues you encounter?

real world beta testing kind of

2 Likes

Can we keep it on-topic and less meta please … the best way to get these issues addressed is to keep them visible, focused, factual, constructive, comprehensive and clear - so less meta noise and noise in general helps the people reviewing this find the gold that we all want sorted.

11 Likes