Digitone and Digitone Keys 1.32

anybody knows if there is a way to record the midi from ableton in overbridge mode into the A4/DN sequencer ?
:slightly_smiling_face:

Have you enabled the option in Settings?

5 Likes

OT successor delayed due to unreliable pandemic production line, is my guess. Maybe they expect to sell more than the two companies you mentioned? Idk. In the meantime they can ensure OB is rock solid for whenever it comes out.

3 Likes

You are an excellent. Thanks, that did the trick.

1 Like

Yeah, but OB will always be blind-sided whenever new OS updates are released by Microsoft and Apple. It’s a march with no end.

So I would imagine the OB team is isolated for OB only, since you just can’t base production dev strategy on the reliance of Apple and Microsoft not throwing you a curveball with their updates, and the hardware people run their own show.

But that’s utopia, I can totally see that Elektron might be a resource mess where devs just work on whatever’s got the loudest shouting Product Manager :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thats really neat, Elektron listened, yay!

1 Like

Excited!

First reaction was like, damn! now I really need a second micro freak and use two of them into DN. :slight_smile: the MFDN combo is pure healing.

2 Likes

I meant track selection via midi.

How are y’all using the filter delay?

1 Like

Thanks Elektron. Great support for all using Elektron gear.
However, the plugin interface is still missing the LFO 1 modulation destination menu for LFO 2 and that seems a bit odd. The plugin interface for the Digitakt has it, so it’s a bit of a head scratcher.

2 Likes

I asked earlier, but it seems to have been lost. I take it that nothing has been changed about the whole mute mode and choosing tracks when in said mode, correct?

3 Likes

A lot.

Set high feedback and experiment, it’s very straightforward.

1 Like

Looks like this is an issue and Elektron are already working on fixing it - great support! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Imagine any other hardware AND software product (mac, iphone, samsung galaxy) having the same outlook.

i thought he/she was asking how people were using the new Filter Env Delay param…?

3 Likes

The Digitakt update may well have been a large effort though - adding a second LFOs, for example, might have required a range of improvements to the efficiency of existing code and taken a whole load of programming. Its possible that they’re focused on making they’re current products as good as they can be, to provide a stable income. Don’t underestimate the cost of these updates, they’ll represent a very significant investment in software development and testing time.

2 Likes

I’ve updated Overbridge and my Digitone, Analog Rytm mk2, Analog Four mk2.

I did the same process for each in terms of updating via Transfer, then uninstalled OB to install the new one (twice I’ve done this).

Now when I open the standalone OB apps, it sees my Rytm fine but says ‘No device selected!’ for the Digitone and A4…???

Anyone know what’s up? Anyone else had this?

Damn. Talking about the filter delay, not the delay filter. Stoopid me. :man_facepalming:
Sorry @what_lives. Thanks @garf.

1 Like

I gotta say i’m pretty underwhelmed with this update. Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate any update. And i understand they are basically giving this away for free and it takes a lot of work to produce these things. But given what we got with the DT, which to me completely changed the way i use the thing, this is just, well, underwhelming. Basically bringing things up to par. Was really hoping for a midi arp or possible the ability to have the midi tracks affect the audio tracks internal without a midi loopback. Also just the ability to be able to turn the arp on and off via plock would be great but also be able to plock the entire arp menu would completely change the way i look at this thing.

7 Likes

I don’t. But I’m in dev too. You don’t need an army of coders to do those kind of things. In fact, you’d be wise not to, but just bring in one or two ninjas and let them get to work.

So either Elektron’s got something new coming, or they’re really bad at scheduling.

I’m prepared to believe both statements are equally true :slight_smile:

9 Likes