EDIT: Post changed to reflect further testing.
Hey ‘Nauts. I’m hoping someone could confirm this bug for me. What’s going on is that if a midi sequence is programmed externally, then recorded on the DN in grid recording mode, then the external midi track is muted, additional recording passes on the DN (like for recording parameter locks on the DN), results in most of the sequence being deleted and replaced with unlocked yellow lock trigs. The logic behavior is super-weird and I can’t quite figure it out, but I’ll give you the steps to reproduce reliably:
- Connect something that can send a midi sequence to DN midi in. Clock the DN from this device.
- Send to the DN on channel 1.
- Create a 16 step, 1 bar sequence.
- Play the sequence, and record it on the DN. Stop recording on the DN but let the machines keep playing.
- Mute or stop the incoming midi track.
- Hit the recording combo again, on the DN, and let the recorded sequence play through twice.
- Behold the weird-ass results.
This can happen with other combos of notes other than the full 16, but like I said, I can’t suss the logic. The muting/stopping of the incoming midi track seems like a critical component to make this bug happen. I look forward to your results! Thanks.
EDIT: I’m on os 1.20, and I don’t know if this was an issue in earlier DN os’s
EDIT: I tried this out with a Keystep, Octatrack and with Ableton as the midi source. Same behavior- pausing the keystep, muting the OT midi track, or stopping the Ableton clip after recording, then doing another recording pass on the DN results in the partially deleted sequence and yellow trigs…