Digitone 1.10: bug discussion [n.b. later OS bugs topics exist]

Is this step „on grid” ? If it’s earlier it won’t play on first run.

it is, yes. Was grid entered, not played in.

yes, only on first occurrence

Try nudge it a little bit after “on grid”

1 Like

This is a known bug on the digitakt as well. Starting the dt or dn from any external source can cause this to happen. There are a couple of threads addressing this. But the most popular workaround until it’s fixed is the one mentioned above to nudge the first step forward slightly.

Are you starting the sequence from a DAW?

Octatrack. Working fine today. Very odd!

1 Like

Whenever stuff like that happens to me i chalk it up to user error :slight_smile:

Ha, as would I normally, but I didn’t change anything!

I think the effect knobs while at external input page send some kind of midi cc data.
I connected digitone midi out to an external synth (cheetah ms6, modded to take cc) and ms6:s audio out to the digitone ext in. When adding chorus/reverb/delay to the external in signal, it also changes the sound on the synth.

I’ve noticed a couple of times when being quite active with various controls from a performance level that I’ve had a couple of different issues.

If un-muting a track and reload pattern at the same time on a couple of occasions it has seemed as if the function button is held down once released as pressing record, play or stop copies, clears or pastes respectively. Only way out was to power cycle.

In a similar fashion when using multiple encoders to change values I got a total freeze out where the current sound hung constantly, the controls stopped working and the screen was looking half refreshed and also frozen. Also had to power cycle.

On the whole the machine seems very stable but doesn’t seem to like being pushed on occasion.

1 Like

Bummer, I’ve never had this issue with either digitone I own and I constantly max out layering, voices and parameters. Have you tired factory reset?

Same problem here. Not only does Pitch Bend not reset on every channel you use it on, but it’s directly related to Pitch Bend Amount. When you increase the Pitch Bend Amount it goes more and more out of tune. With PB Amount set to maximum (60), the Digitone is off 30 Cents!
This makes it unusable until you turn down the PB Amount or reset the device.

Maybe even worse is that there is no tuning parameter to temporarely fix this.

I submitted a ticket months ago and they said their developers were aware of the bug…I’m guessing the development of OB is delaying any Digitone update : [

3 Likes

Same problem here…

Hi here, I’m on my first track with digitone and I’m in front of the same LFO problem as @jennygirl

MIDI LFO does’nt start correctly, it’s not sync even if the LFO Multiplier is on BPM mode and more, it continues to affect CC when i play a new patern while the midi track is OFF…

Trying to put P locks and differents LFO configs but still the same. have to cycle off the device for restart LFO sync but i can’t stop send LFO when i change patern…

have a good ftime :wink:

1 Like

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Digitone 1.2 bugs discussion

There is a later topic for 1.20 bugs …

thanks for this !