Digitone 1.02: bug reports

crazy! I was about to check it on mine actually.

I think this happens if your note length on a trig is set to INF and the track is set to poly. There’s some work to be done in regards to this; while it’s an interesting “accidental feature”, it’s still kinda annoying when trying to figure out why something isn’t stopping!

@pselodux Hey I appreciate it. And your help before too. Maybe still check it out? Like I said it wasn’t a big deal since I always use bpm lfo settings but I just don’t understand how it was happening and didn’t fix before. But whatever it’s all good now.
Second digitone does not do it but I do notice the screen is slightly brighter and there’s a very faint burn/overlap. But maybe that’ll clear up?

how can i set the track to “poly”? or to monophonic?

It’s in the voice allocation mode (the mouth button).

Actually this doesn’t seem to stop the arpeggiator; when I was remaking the Covenant track last night, I noticed that if trigs are long enough to overlap the next one, the notes from both trigs are added to the arp until the shortest trig ends (at least this is how it sounds to me). Could be a feature, but it’s tricky to prevent—all note trigs must have their lengths set precisely, otherwise overlaps will occur. This makes things a bit more difficult/frustrating when it comes to using trig conditions on a poly/arp track. Perhaps there’s scope for a “cut previous note” option for trigs in poly/arp mode?

…has started crashing. out of the blue. no change to setup.
while playing it will hang and emit a high pitched tone.

happening frequently lately. :confused:

Anyone else’s metronome seem to occasionally forget which is the correct accent note of the pattern when changing pattern from 64 length to 16? Goes back to normally after pressing stop/start

1 Like

same here

also for p locks its problematic, as the arp only takes the sound settings from the previous note. An “cutting” option would make things way easier, youre right!

Yeah, having the option to switch it per track is key I think. The current way does allow for some interesting effects though!

I’m sure this has been mentioned but I get lots of clicks and pops from the Digitone when using the onboard FX with external sources :frowning:

Track allocation is done in the Unison page. Open that page, select a track, then lock it to a certain number of voices. By default all tracks allocate the 8 voices between each other, but you can set them to only use 1, 2, etc…

updating…

starting to think the issue actually isnt the DN.
i think i have a faulty Thunderbolt cable that has been causing random issues with CoreMidi. it looks like that according to the crash logs. the DN may have been affected by that.

1 Like

Hello! I sent a support ticket to Elektron but I’m going to ask here too, perhaps someone is having the same problem.
After upgrading to 1.02 my Digitone has a line of dead pixels at the right of the screen. Anyone with this issue? Could be OS related and possibly fixed in the next update, or could it be a faulty screen that happened to malfunction right now by chance?

My digitone froze last night using it synced to the octatrack.
It was while playing chords with arpeggiator ON on the Digitone.

Also, cant turn on turbo speed of midi, and midi sync to the octatrack is fluttery between +/- 1 bpm.

1 Like
  • When connected to a Digitakt, got some instabilities like no sounds comes out of the Digitakt apparently randomly.
  • When live recording, sometimes I need to adjust the note’s duration. While recording I have no problems everything sounds fine but it sometimes happens that after quitting the unquantized recording mode some notes just stop playing too quickly. Which is very annoying.
  • Recording ARP is bugged the sound recorded isn’t the same as the one being played after recording.

Also, not a bug but a strange behaviour about the ARP: why can’t it be applied before the scale selector ? It could be nice to choose.

Behavior I’ve not experienced with the older elektrons but when I have a track p locked with some sounds and I shift the pattern when in grid recording mode (fn + left/right arrows) I get new empty trigs with the track default sound! Haven’t experienced this with the a4 or the octatrack. Feature or bug? Let me know if I should raise a ticket if I’m the only one experiencing this,! Hard to tell. And can we please have an arp for the midi tracks please! (Also plockable arp like the ot) and please for heavens sake make the friggin arp swing!

Changing instrument 1 in pattern X will change the instrument 1pattern Y but creating a new pattern gives us a blank instrument for instrument 1.

Confirmed by Elektron support that it’s a faulty unit, not OS related :frowning:

1 Like

Just had my first Digitone freeze one moment ago! damn. Synced to DT. it was playing a groove I made yesterday while I was getting ready to make a new one. High pitch freeze ensued. I powered down and it’s grooving now, but I’m worried for the little guy. (or gal)

1 Like

Creates some unease.

Not a big problem at home, bigger problem in front of a crowd :
If for example Digitone freezes on a gig while playing in sync with another machine (OT in my case), how would it be possible to powercycle it and bring it back to playing in sync without hitting stop+play on OT (or other machine)?