Digitone 1.02: bug reports

These are most likely not bugs.

Check your MIDI post settings in the MIDI Config menu on the DN to make sure it outputs MIDI to the ports and not just USB.

This is not a bug. Just put a negative delay in Ableton on the track that sends the PC messages and you will be fine.

If you still are having issues. Contact support.

4 Likes

Not sure if bug or feature: I have my DT playing through the inputs. When I switch to an empty pattern with the inputs set to 0, the DT can still be heard at the same volume until a note is triggered on the DN.

I haven’t been able to find any mention of this, but I finally came around to sending midi cc to DN from OT, I noticed some of the cc s listed on the midi implementation chart were wrong. The manual says ratio A cc 93, C cc 92 and algo cc 91 but it actually took ratio A cc92, C cc91 and algo cc90 to work. I haven’t searched for more. I haven’t used my elektron boxes with cc too much so it’s possibly user error?
Also I’ve read in various posts that it’s possible to control global effects with cc but most/all(?) cc numbers for global effects control something else as well so I don’t know how to make that work? (Ex reverb decay cc74 also controls filter type cc74 in manual and that’s all I can get too work, not reverb decay) thank you in advance

Sometimes on some patterns of mine MICRO TIMING does not work, while on others it does work… Scratching my head, cannot understand why since I know how it should work from previous experience on rytm and four… Anyone had same issue?

Check your quantise settings?

Yes checked! but with no luck. If I change quantize settings I don’t get micro timing

Noticed that micro timing doesn’t work on patterns with different tracks length (often use this on rytm for polyrhythms)… but have to dig more on this…

My micro timing works everytime even if my tracks are set to different lengths so maybe contact support

2 Likes

It’s odd coz on others it does work…

I have been putting off posting about this in hopes I would figure it out but I can’t, maybe someone else has experienced this or can point out something obvious I’m not understanding

I’m getting weird lfo behavior on track 1 and it seems to only be track 1

Two issues:

1. lfo speed will randomly double on me, normally on page two, then it will play normal on page 3,4 and 1. I have not been able to replicate it it just happens randomly. I’ll have a chord (its even happened with single notes and mono voice locked notes) with lfo controlling say frequency, at a steady 32bpm mult with speed at 16 or 32. Every now and then on page two it will double, so as my steady lfo rythm increases for one page and then goes back to normal. Seems to not happen if I parameter lock speed to each trig but that can’t be normal?

2. I can post a video of this if it happens again but I just had track 3s lfo2 mult section control my lfo speed on track 1. Layering was not on, I checked numerous times on all tracks. When I would turn track 3s bpm mult from bpm to steady 120 mult it would increase track 1s lfo speed double just like issue 1.

I have done two facory resets, I have deleted and started new projects, issue 1 still happens randomly and not always and issue 2, that was the first time I noticed that happen. I have encoder set to internal but I do have receive cc checked but that shouldn’t matter? I have cleared, re cleared and cleared again every midi track and page. I have turned off all tracks incoming midi and am using the digitone by itself. Anyone having trouble with their lfo on track 1?
@Ess have you experienced this at all or can you enlighten me on why I’m not understanding?

still have crashes now and then, newest firmware. i think its still happening with arp sequences but cant really tell

No one else has this happen with track 1 and track 3? I don’t use the steady 120 mult numbers so it’s avoidable and not that big of a deal but it deffinitely is happening to me. I made a video but it was too long to upload so I’ll make a quick one when I get home tonight. I was able to replicate again:

Track 1 has lfo 1 active on bpm mult at 64 and speed at 32 controlling filter at a triggered tri wave. Lfo 2 is not active and everything is set to init. If I change lfo 2s mult section from the init bpm x8 mult to the steady 120 x mult choices it doubles my lfo 1s speed . When I then change lfo 2s mult back to bpm x mult it changes lfo 1 back to it’s normal speed. It also doubles my track 3 lfo speeds when I do this on track 1. Why is track 3 reacting to track 1s mult setting and why is track 1s lfo 2 changing my lfo 1 speed?
It is avoidable by not changing to 120 x mult settings I’m just curious as to why this is happening and or if it happens to everyone or my unit has something going on??

Is anyone able to confirm that at least this isn’t happeing to them??

Hello? Anyone?

doesnt happen with my unit

Thank you, bummer I must have something wrong with mine. I’ll contact support

Not the best video but if you are able to see the screen, I show how track 1 lfo 1 is controlling frequency and lfo2 is not active, I then change lfo 2 mult settings to 120 mult settings and lfo 1s speed doubles, I then mute track 1, unmute track 3 and show how track 1 is also affecting track three then I do it again for track 4 …
I’m so sorry to tag you @Ess but is this normal??

I apologize for blowing up the forum and this is the last time I’ll bring it up but can anyone else replicate this behavior?
Track 1 lfo2 mult changing the lfo speed of my other tracks…
In the video, track 1 lfo 2, when changed to 120 mult settings (from bpm settings) my lfo 1 speeds on track 1, 3 and then 2 are increased.
Is anyone else able to replicate this? I don’t use the 120 mult settings but clearly I’m either misunderstanding something or I have some sort of issue and it’s possible maybe I haven’t noticed others?
I have done two resets and made new projects and tried other patterns. I have not tried to re upgrade os. I just would like to avoid having to send it back if this is happening to everyone else? I know one user said it wasn’t happening to them but maybe now with the video it’s more clear what I’m saying?

Well here is an update if anyone is actually interested or runs across this problem themselves…
I had planned on buying a second digitone because I love it so much, it arrived today. I unboxed it, set it up the same way, and I was not able to replicate the LFO problem of my first.
So I went back to my original digitone and did the 4th factory reset, set it up, checked it again, and now my LFO problem is not happening! So relieved I don’t have to send it back.
So it took 4 factory resets and everything’s great! Heads-up to anybody else with the problem, it went away with repeated resets…
Sorry for blowing up the forum and bugging everybody

2 Likes

I get a weird arp bug… arp running on a pattern, switch patterns, the arp is still running on the new pattern… :man_shrugging: