Digitone 1.02: bug reports

On Digitone, you are in Chromatic mode by default. The trigs represent the notes as a piano roll.
If you switch to Grid mode, you will see that your trigs certainly work perfectly.

Read the manual, take the time to know it better.
If you see anything wrong, report it here. But if it was user mistake please make it clear that you were wrong.
Have fun with this little beast, I feel like it might be the best synth I ever had.

3 Likes

I’m a father and I got stuff to do and in my spare time I try to make music rather than sifting through forums.

I own AR and Octatrack, sold A4, so I know my way round Elektron gear and I know about Chromatic mode. And yes, I’ve read the Digitone manual twice before purchased.

And NO, it wasn’t my fault. The LED’s on said trig buttons didn’t even lit. I couldn’t place trigs on them in sequencer mode. They just didn’t work.

I took the Digitone back to the shop and showed the issue to my rep and got my money back without a hassle.

All good on my side but this was the last time I spend money on Elektron gear until they change all their recent quirks (OB, QC issues etc.)

Ok good to know.
My first AR MKII was faulty and I got it exchanged for a new one that works flawlessly. My Digitone also works flawlessly like most other people’s units here and I’m sure you could have gotten a working unit too if you wanted so I think you’re being a little unfair here. As I’m sure you know, some faulty units are to be expected. Anyway it’s your choice of course.

1 Like

Of course i know there a some faulty units. This time I just was the unlucky one.
I never had any problems with AR,Octa and A4. Hence I said I’ll never buy Elektron gear again UNTIL theiy sort out their business strategies.

I admit my post was a bit drastic but please understand the disappointment.

1 Like

When switching between LFO destinations it keeps jumping around, or back to the original destination. something i just noticed.

1 Like

After you press on the encoder it jumps back to the original destination or a random one?

It’s kinda just freaks out, jumps around, then back to the original destination.

1 Like

Hi, new here! I really like the DN, beautiful sound! But this ‘DSP boot faillure’ sort of worries me… I didn’t get this message yet, I only just got my DN… does anyone know what triggers this? Or does it just happen randomly?

If my Nord gear would show such an error message, I probably have to send it back for repairs. So, is this truly a bug in the OS, or a hardware problem? Are there any people that never got this message, while they did spend a lot of time playing the DN?

Hey man. Welcome! :slight_smile: For me it happened twice until now… I’ve been using it heavily (about 4-6hrs per day). I’ve had it for about a week and a day now. It doesn’t seem like a hardware problem to me… For me it happened randomly right after booting up… like… I turned it on, went to fetch a drink and when I came back about 15sec later I had the error on the screen.

Not really worried about it… I would be if it happened during performance though…

Since its non reproducable it will take some time to figure out I guess…

I froze up my nord lead lots of times when putting it under heavy midi stress with LFO automated program changes coming from the digitakt… It’s still all good… just needs a reboot when it happens…

haha, this happened with my OT + nord, when sending it 4 channels of cascading 32nd note arpeggios, fun times. I kinda liked the sustained drone it put out when it crashed though, so much so that I recorded about 5 minutes of it while slowly messing with it through the OT’s inputs :smiley:

1 Like

I love when your stuff gets totally messed up for some reason and its out of you control, but it just sounds awesome! That’s happened to me a few times… :smile:

2 Likes

When you have an arp track with inf notelength running and switching to a new pattern where ARP is off, the ARP keeps playing with the previous track sounds ( cool! ). A new sound can be created on the same track and trigs can be placed, but the playing arpeggiator is stealing the note. Also changing the sound of the ARP wont work, only the track sound. The ARP is killed when enabling ARP and have a note in the track. Its a bummer that you cannot let the ARP run over the next Patterns and changing the sound :frowning: but i guess this is a bug

1 Like

Haha, wow! Nice recipe, I will try that out!

The name of the error itself does indeed suggest that something goes wrong while booting, and if I understand it correctly, in those rare cases it does go wrong, the unit seems to boot ok at first, then after a couple of minutes it crashes… Good to hear it doesn’t happen that often and the DN seems to function ok otherwise, we’ll have to wait and see…

I have gotten the DSP BOOT FAILURE message

a few times myself. Any response from support on whether it is a software bug?

damn… I haven’t had that error at all yet, but I haven’t had a chance to use mine much compared to others. I’ll give it a bit more time this weekend and see how it goes.

I got it 3 times last night. A few re boots and it went back to normal. I haven’t updated to the latest FW yet.

@Squadron you might have missed my post above : on DN chromatic mode is on when Grid mode is not engaged. So it’s normal that keys 1, 4 and 8 are not lit in play mode.
I think your unit was not defective.

Copped the DSP Boot Failure msg today for the first time

sad face

Pretty concerning. A couple of reboots and it went away. I was just jamming like normal no external stuff plugged in

Gotta say I love this little box tho haha

So fun

Please don’t die

The master effects stop working after a while when only using the external inputs, and no internal synth tracks. I have to play a synth sound through the reverb/delay to get them sounding right again.

Edit: Might be that pressing double stop kills the master effects until a synth sound is played through them?

Yep, just checked and double stop cuts out the master fx until an internal sound plays them through them again. Not sure if it’s a bug or intended.

2 Likes