Digitone 1.02: bug reports

Double stop stopping all sound coming out of the device is standard on Elektrons I think, at to least the two I have, it’s useful, just press stop once if you don’t want to cut it…

1 Like

tried a quick search… didn’t see this mentioned:

pasting 2 trigs doesn’t work. If I copy an edited trig and paste it on two or three other trigs, only one retains the edit. the other two enter as normal trigs.

pasting multiple trigs seems broken.

1 Like

Had two DSP Boot failures, both connected to trying out different connection setups

1 Like

Most certainly a bug.
I had a weird moment last weekend when trying to use DN FX on 0-Coast… Might very be the same problem :wink:

Have you wrote a ticket ?

1 Like

I’ve had my new Digitone for a week now… shipped with os v1.01.

No problems that I’ve noted so far.

I’m considering upgrading to the newest (v1.02) os, but I read of the DSP boot failures, etc. in this thread.

What is the consensus? Upgrade worthwhile? Has anyone traced the boot failures to the upgraded os?

I await for comments with bated breath (I hope I’m using the right bait… :wink:

Yeah it’s useful in most cases, but external audio coming in should activate the master fx again.

@LyingDalai I’ll open a ticket and check if it’s a bug.

2 Likes

Ok… here is my bug report… let me know if anyone can confirm and if so I’ll write it up…

Bug #1:
I’ve a project with 5 patterns in one bank.

With the sequencer running and starting on any pattern other than pattern 1, I can switch from one pattern to another with the switch occurring as expected - at the end of the current pattern.

I can also switch to pattern 1 with no problem… but I cannot switch from pattern 1 to any other pattern in the bank unless I stop the sequencer (the icon in the upper left of the screen just keeps flashing C01 - C0X, where “X” is the pattern I want to switch to).

When I do stop the sequencer, to jump to the other pattern I selected is immediate.

I first saw this with my Digitone slaved to the Digitakt (clock only). I disconnected the MIDI cable and confirmed the problem with the 'tone running alone.

Bug #2
… with the 'tone slaved (clock only) to the 'takt and routing the 'takt audio into the 'tone, I noticed that the audio is distorted (here on a kick drum attack phase on the sample) unless I take the overdrive in the master control section off of “0”. Any value other than “0” and the problem goes away.

@mrcharles Check that Ch. Length is set to 16 on all patterns (FUNC+PAGE).
(Select “Length per Pattern”) The sequencer will play through all Ch. Length numbers of steps before switching. It sounds like it’s set to off on pattern 1.

2 Likes

Indeed, one track was 32/32 and all others were 16/16.

I changed it so all tracks were 16/16 and the problem did not go away.

The other patterns in the bank have mixed track lengths and I have no problems switching from one to another. The only time it gets stuck on a pattern and will not switch to another (while the sequencer is running…) is when I try to leave from pattern 1.

Did you change the CH.LEN setting?

You say 16/16 and 32/32 are you talking about Master length or M.len and Ch.len? M.len and Ch.len have to be set up for pattern changes to occur

I’ve got to step out now, but will check the details later tonight and post.

It’s Harry Shepard’s 90th birthday party. He used to play vibes with the Duke (Ellington) and he hasn’t slowed down yet!

Thanks…

i agree the implementation here is a little quirky

instead of ERROR, it shouldn’t even say “save all patterns and etc etc Y/N”

It should just say “Pattern Locked. Unlock to Save.”

Just CH.LEN actually! M.LEN can be set to INF so uneven patterns can continue to repeat independently without being reset at a set point.

Yeah but can’t you use M.len to control the pattern change if you aren’t trying to set it to INF? And that way you don’t have to use Ch.len, you set it to off? Or at least that’s what the manual says. I don’t own one yet but all these users claiming bugs when they clearly aren’t is very confusing

Yes, you can use M.LEN to control the pattern change, but I find it’s better to use CH.LEN instead, as every time M.LEN comes around, all tracks will be reset, so if you have, say, a 14 step track playing with a 16 step track, setting M.LEN to 16 (for example) will play all 14 steps of track 1, then the first two steps again, then reset. With just CH.LEN set at 16, and M.LEN set at INF, if the pattern is left playing, the 14 step track will keep repeating independently and never reset. But a pattern change will occur at a multiple of 16 steps from when the pattern was started.

3 Likes

Ok, I’m back with an update…

MLEN set to INF, CHLEN set to OFF…

That appears to be the problem.

I’m a tyro with Elektron instruments… so much to learn. This is a good thing. There is real flexibility in these devices.

I need to RTFM more. Actually, I need to print it out. Reading manuals on a glowing screen puts me in a coma.

Tomorrow I will do more tests with kicks (and other samples) on the Digitakt and see what I can find out (re. audio routed in the 'tone and distortion with Overdrive at “0”).

1 Like

I got my Digitone a few days ago, and I’m really having fun with it.

Unfortunately I have experienced a few things which I think are bugs - I’m on 1.02.

Like others I have once gotten the DSP Boot Failure message.

And quite a few times my Digitone freezes while a high pitch tone starts. I then power off and reboot, and it works again.

Hi, my Digitone is only transmitting midi out program change when I’m in Midi T1 and T2? Anybody else? T3 and T4 PGM Ch has no effect on my external synths no matter what channel they are on.

Before determining that this is a bug in the Digitone, which synths are failing to change Program, and how have you connected them to the Digitone?