Digitone 1.02: bug reports

I just got this message too. Worked fine after the install reboot but the Boot Failure message appeared upon a power cycle.

Slaved to Ableton Live, MIDI through USB. One track running on DT.
Froze after aboute one minute, restarted, got DSP Boot Failure, restarted, everything ok.

Is this a bug or a known limitation?

Apologies in advance; I posted this in the General Questions thread, but got no reply. I have a setup like this: Arturia KeyStep controller > Digitone > Other External Synths, all MIDI DIN. Using 1.02 update and Auto Channel for external gear.

Issue: I can’t seem to get the external gear to respond to Pitch or Mod Wheel/Strip when going through the Digitone. If the KeyStep is connected directly to the external gear, no problem. And the Digitone itself recognizes Pitch/Mod from the KS for its internal tracks. But the DN doesn’t send the modulations on to external gear. Nothing other than notes seem to be passed thru from the controller.

Expected behavior/limitation, or a bug?

I had the “DSP Boot failure” error too. Today again twice. Starting to worry me.

Are you sending notes to the multiple gear as well? Could you just try going through the midi through? Does that work?

Yes, if I use the MIDI thru port, both notes and modulations from the controller will pass through and play correctly. But then the Auto Channel no longer works, and the sequences on the MIDI tracks are not sent to the external hardware. Do I just have to choose one or the other and work around it? That’s fine if so, but I’m just surprised that the other CC data is not passed out the regular MIDI out port.

transport buttons freeze-up on 1.02 here. same as on 1.01 - transport controls act as if function is pressed, copying and pasting instead of stop / play etc.

I’ve already opened a ticket with Elektron about this same thing. They do not consider it a bug but a feature that has not been implemented, but they will not say if the feature will ever be implemented.

2 Likes

Okay here’s what I’ve seen so far:

When switching mute modes between pattern and global. If a 16th note pattern is playing you will sometimes get the wrong color led on the track buttons. Example: t1 is highlighted (green) hold func t2-4 go red, t1 goes white (has constant notes) press bank twice to switch to pattern mute. Occasionally t1 will go red while t2-4 make the shift to magenta. From that point on, the coloring on that trig will not be correct. Whether muted or unmuted until you stop and change to a different pattern.

Entering sound setup when trig page is selected still results in a magenta button instead of cyan. You can also select other menu buttons and have multiple pages selected at once.

Arp menu button will still change magenta when entering from the syn1 page but unlike the sound setup menu selecting a different page leaves the menu.

Setting the amp release to INF and muting the track only sustains when using a Global mute. Pattern mute engages a release stage regardless of if the track is set to infinite or not.

I named a pattern 33% and the pattern name only appeared as 33 on the main screens. I renamed the pattern 33%% thinking maybe this was an “escaped character” issue of sorts and now the pattern name appears as 33& in the main screens. There may be other strangeness with other characters as well but I’ve not investigated further.

Additionally, the % in the name really seems to mess up the whole top line of the display - gibberish appears next to the P: and sometimes further on.

Hey folks. I’ve just received my digitone and updated to 1.02 immediately. Upon trying things out I noticed that the master FX don’t seem to be working at all. I hear no difference in sound when I turn them all the way up. The overdrive however seems to be working. Did anybody else encounter this problem?

Those effects are for the Inputs, but yes the Overdrive is master.

Oh ok! I read it wrong then. I thought they were for the sum of things. Thanks for clarifying.

In midi mode:

• In “fltr” mode (cc# values).
    When making swift changes from values 127 to 0, or from 0 to 127 (or just fast from one side to another), the value knob often takes a loop/extra round, and ends up on the other side of 0 or 127.

E.g: fast turn counter clockwise on the rotary, from 127 to 0, goes through 0, and ends up on the other side on e.g. 96 or whatever.

Does that make sense, and does anybody else have this?

Pffff…In good faith, I went to the store this afternoon to buy me a Digitone. Payed in hard earned cash (fucken 777 Euros!!!)…

I come home, unbox the thing, switch it on, trying to browse some sounds AND THE FIRST THING I HAVE TO REALIZE IS THAT Trigkeys 1, 4 and 8 doesn’t work…

Really, Elektron??? Know what??? I’m done with you guys in Sweden. You want to make big businesses now? Then you better act like big business and step up your QC game A LOT.

I’m pissed off as fuck right now and if I’d post my current feelings towards Elektron, I’d get flagged instantly.

But hey… I should have known better…

Disappointed

I don’t have a Digitone so I can’t confirm if it works the same as the Digitakt, but are you sure you aren’t in Chromatic Mode where the only the keys are active where piano keys would be?

4 Likes

Like others have said - you are in chromatic mode. I guess you were making a joke?

yeah why can’t I play a B# or E#?! Elektron get your shit together!!

9 Likes

It would be appropriate to admit if this was really the mistake you made @Squadron.
Not cool to make such an angry post without further comments if the fault is entirely yours.

4 Likes