Digitone 1.01 : bug reports

Yes,how did he do that demos sound right?mystery?know bugs?

the DN feels mostly pretty stable to me.
ive had 1 crash on the arp, and one weird freeze on the transport controls but in general it feels solid.
i havent used its midi tracks yet so cant comment on that. a few bugs to iron out it seems.

1. Works just fine for me here on 1.01 and I tried it on several machines. I set ut up as described in the manual section 9.4.8-12.
  2. Pushing the encoder does indeed not work, but YES does work. Will change that in the manual. Thanks for pointing it out.
4 Likes

Received mine today ! sounds amazing!
Not a bug, but i’m listening to every single sounds in it, and i think the sound designer with BR initials needs to take down the volume of its patches, they are way too loud compared to all the others. on the other hand, great sound design!!

My mistake !
User error in the usage of my MPK 261. Keyboard was outputing to the DIN but not the MW / PB.
Sorry about that

3 Likes

No worries :slight_smile: Just making sure that some of the bugs reported here on the forum are actually not bugs.

3 Likes

Not like the Arp clicks !! :smirk:

Exactly!

1 Like

New DN user here. Unfortunately my unit seems to have a “sticky” trig key nr. 6. It feels and sounds like all the other trig keys, but seems to be pressed all the time. So if I push trig key 6 at any time the unit becomes unusable, no more stop, play record etc. If I restart, everything is fine until I press trig 6 again. Test mode shows key 6 pressed also all the time. I got the unit with OS1.01 pre installed. Reinstalled OS1.01 and did a factory reset. Still same error.

Is this a known bug? Will file a support ticket now.

I could cry.
Andre.

I made videos:
sticky button in grid rec. mode

test mode

open a support ticket to elektron ASAP

1 Like

I noticed my first bug today:

I changed from a finished/saved pattn to a new blank pattn while in MIDI mode. sequenced my TR-09 to play a simple backbone beat so I could start layering DN voices on top, so I then exited MIDI mode… and all sound went mute? Ahh, but of course, the master section had defaulted back to init settings so audio ins were dialed back to a zero value… But this muting of audio did not occur when I entered the new blank pattn, as it should have, but only muted once I exited the MIDI mode. Seems like the audio side pattn values do not receive a ”bang” until you exit the MIDI mode, if we are speaking in Max/MSP terms :diddly:

Also got a bit of clicking and popping today… voice allocation keeps it in check to a degree, but it still happens sometimes.

I did already. Thanks.

2 Likes

@Ess

Not possible to do any OS update… Any advice how to proceed ?

from moog audio too ? somebody else posted about the same problem.

1 Like

Yes same case !! Just been returned !!
I just saw the post.
Should have taken this one home tonight and check all features :smile:

Not sure if this is a bug or a “feature” that I don’t quite understand… but when coming back out of the secondary function pages (e.g. the Reverb page when pressing FUNC+AMP), by pressing the same page button again without FUNC held, it sometimes goes to the 2/2 section of that page. Seems to be only with quick button presses, but I can’t seem to replicate it consistently, so I’m guessing it’s a bug?

More of a UI tweak but it may get a bit annoying.

Those clicks on arp are weird,but on trig page set len param to a longer value than your arp settings seems to work and logical,can u confirm?

Had my first issue today. Set up quite a long chain to play and then found I couldn’t stop playback at all. Was also getting weird behaviour during the freeze where trying to press play / stop was causing the copy/paste functions to happen despite me not holding down function.

Bit weird but thankfully turning it off and on sorted it and no data loss as I’d saved.

Apparently there’s a way to do the OS upgrade :

on the arp clicks again, cos this is annoying me as hell, on a second pattern assigning 1 or 2 voices on the arp worked, the clicks happens there is too much voice stealing, but the clicks return after changing the pattern,grrrrrr