Digitakt wont start

Got it back. So happy! But a little worried about ever using it in a live situation.

1 Like

I had this happen yesterday. I have had my digitakt for 2 weeks. I hope this isnā€™t a continuing issue. I may call the store I bought it from and ask for a different unit if it happens again.

I just saw a guy last saturday that has to cancel his show because his Digitakt wont start. This is so sad

1 Like

Yes I think this is the probable cause- I read something about static discharging awhile back regarding HP laptops, same method- remove battery, hold down power button 10 seconds, replace, reboot.

Speaking of transistors, apparently, there are more transistors in use today than all the leaves on every tree on the planet.

1 Like

Guys, just got mine. It wont power up. I left it all night and still nothing.
What to do? I will try to switch cords from my friends takt later on. If nothing happens whatt to do next? Its second hand so whats the procedure to send it to Elektron for repairment.
Please help:(

Your first port of call obviously should be the seller. If they are not cooperative, check out https://www.elektron.se/support/ In a nutshell you have to create an account and then you can log support tickets. Elektron support is exceptional and will guide you through the process. Reponse time could be a little longer than usual due to NAMM, but that is mere speculation on my side. Good luck!

1 Like

I had exactly the same problem with my Digitone. Just had it for less than a week and didnā€™t turn on anymore.
I measured the power plug with a voltmeterā€¦ nothing. After some time measured it again ā€¦ 12V. Plugged it into the Digitone but nothing. Then I measured the plug again, again dead. Long story short:
There was a loose connection in the jack. Iā€™ll get a new power plug from my seller. Maybe they have some troubles with production quality of these things.

Hi, I have the same problem ā€¦ I bought the Digitakt two days ago ā€¦

I waited some seconds and it works again.

Has anyone heard from Elektron about this problem

1 Like

I guess i fixed this problem. If i am right - this is problem in the power chain.
I just turned it off of the power supply and did short circuit to the patch used metallic jack body - any metal will be enough if i am right. Probably unloaded some static electricity. After this steps black screen is disappears and device boots correctly

p.s.
Initial steps to reproduce this problem - connect Digitakt to the MacBookPro using MIDI and USB and quick loop of turn Digitakt on and off (tried to fix problem with broken Elektron_Overbridge_2.0.30.3_Beta)))

When i turned it on just now it froze and when i turned it on off i just had the same problem but the last solution didnā€™t work for me
Only rebooted after taking out power supply and reinserting then turning it on

Happened to me yesterday. It took some combination of unplugging power, turning it off and on and waiting to make it boot successfully.

There was a diminishing tick-tick-tick sound coming out of the audio each time I turned it on.

Happened to me yesterday too.

I could hear the power (the soft click) in my audio, but the screen was blank and overbridge showed the DT was off.

What I usually do is unplug the power from the back of the DT, turn the switch on, and leave it for 5 minutes, then plug it back in and it works. Itā€™s weird that this happens though. I see it every few months.

@y @Gino @J_ay_a-d

If the DT freezes or whatever, power cycle doesnā€™t werk.

You need to turn off, wait 30sec to let the caps drain (let any stored power drain out), then you should be able to turn it on fine.

1 Like

In my case 30 secs doesnā€™t reset it. I know because Iā€™ve been in that dreaded live performance situation (only a few friends thank God) waiting for me to resume, it was about 4 min and felt like an hour. You can kill a lot of buzz in 4 min :slight_smile:

Do you think the caps will drain faster with the unit unplugged, with the power rocker on? For me that seems to work best, but might just be superstition.

If my problem is more severe than others, I should send it in for repairs.

Eeeshā€¦4min would feel like an eternity in that situation. Sorry about that.

My DT is doing this again. It wonā€™t power on, and now Iā€™m waiting to try again. Hoping for the bestā€¦

EDIT: Just started working again. In my case, unplugging power from the back, and turning the switch on and letting it sit for about 3 min seems to be the best approach.

2 Likes

Yeah youā€™ve got to make sure and unplug it, sometimes this can happen when you accidentally donā€™t push the rocker switch all the way to the on position and it flips back into the off position, and then you flip it all the way on, it still acts like you turned it on then off again really fast and doesnā€™t want to boot. Only done it a few times but itā€™s been this scenario every time. I just yoink the cable, flip the switch to on for a few seconds (donā€™t know if this part matters, just thought it might cause it to drain any power in caps or whatever) and then plug it back in and it boots immediately. I think your hardware is fine.

1 Like

Guys. Giving love worked:

Unplug.
Please close your eyes and lay your hands on the dig.
Express your love out loud. (Pro tip: Donā€™t be shy.)
Itā€™ll turn on.

Thank you Elektronauts!

1 Like

Hey guys, same problem here. My Digitakt wonā€™t power up. But for me the love and prayers donā€™t seem to work :confused: Iā€™ve been switching it on and off since yesterday and nothing. Any of you have other ideas what I can do? Waranty is expired already, but even if Iā€™d open it up I donā€™t know if I could spot anything.

The power adapter works, I powered other synths with it without issues.