Digitakt wont start

Echoing another example - terrifyingly mine froze on boot at a gig, and it was a new (3 piece) project’s first ever live outing…and there we were, staring at the DT in complete disbelief

It did finally boot after 5 or 6 attempts… talk about time stretching. There is enough to consider when playing live…don’t need anxiety of wondering if the gear will actually power up -

I do hope an update will fix it and that it isn’t solely a capacitor issue or sth

This happened to me today, I’ve only had the thing for a couple weeks. Left the power unplugged for about ten minutes, and then it came back on. Just about gave me a heart attack.

ahhhhhhh this happened to me today. I’ve had my DT since Nov of '20 and this has never happened once. I use it all the time almost daily. Was using it earlier in the day no prob, left for dinner, came back and it wouldn’t power on. Unplugged everything. Looked up this thread, waited a min or two, prayed to the synth gods, and it came back on. Weird.

So this happened again today. That’s two times in less then 6 months. DT just won’t power on. Went to pick up the kid from daycare, came back and everything works fine. I bought my DT less then two years ago brand new. Should I start a ticket with Elektron?

I don’t think this kind of stuff is fixable after product release.

I have seen that issue with so many product and I don’t know if it’s motherboard related or psu related issue but solution of unplugging the power play with power button and waiting a bit fix this issue.

On my side I had this also on DT, one or two times. But on different hardware as well.
So was not afraid of that.
The good thing, is it’s easily fixable.
Most of the time in one minute it’s fixed.

Unplug the psu from the wall.
Play with on/off unplug the psu from the DT play with on/off. Wait a bit. Plug everything and whaoo everything works.
Don’t believe too much in the one hour or similar. Never seen thing like that take more than 2 to 5 minutes.

On large server in rack we have to do the same to discharge « something » which prevent the boot. And unplugging the PSU of server and the battery of the server ( some server has those large capacitor like UPS nuit inside ) always solve the stuff.

2 Likes