Digitakt wont start

Thanks a lot, nicely connects some dots I only had a vague idea of. And wrt to doubts about DT - still got mine from the 1st batch, no regrets.

long story short: disconnect the power cable for a minute or so and you should be ready to go after that. thats a simple fix, if it works. definitely will try that next timeā€¦
thanks guys and gals, I learned something today!

Just tell your audience ā€œHang on for a minute or two while I see if this machine is going to reboot, then I may or may not continue the show.ā€

3 Likes

Iā€™ve seen this happen many times to guys using laptops to run a show. Its absolutely awful and a total show killer.
While my digi is functioning and not experiencing some of the major bugs people are experiencing, every time I turn the unit on i do worry about this particular problem.

1 Like

face palm.

1 Like

Double face palm.

My first entry as an Electron user and itā€™s to say my Digitakt has stopped powering up - only purchased 2 weeks ago from Thomann. Just when I was really getting into the flow of the machine. Sending it back tomorrow for a working replacement, hopefully.

Sorry to hear that. Whats the firmware version?

Latest - 1.10. Do you think that would be an issue? I had no problems until last Sunday when it would not power up. I tried disconnecting the cable for a short time, and left the machine alone for awhile, but no joy.

Latest should be most stable.
Can you test the power supply?

I didnā€™t have anything else I could test it with. Itā€™s on its way back to Thomann now anyways.

I turned mine off the day before yesterday after having it on for maybe 2 or 3 minutes, came back 15 minutes later and it would not turn on. I unplugged, left it for 10 minutes, plugged it back in and it booted but hung on boot screen. Turned it off again, turned on, and it booted fine. Felt like it was just a bug, I doubt anything is actually wrong with my hardware. Iā€™ve used it for a good while since then and no issues.

It seems like unplugging did the trick, but I donā€™t really know. Fingers crossed it was a fluke. OS 1.10

The two times this has happened to mine:
first time it didnt power on i changed the fuse. it worked again.
second time: i had misused the powerpack when coiling the lead back up so many times and damaged the connectionā€¦ i got a new powerpack (not the elektron one but a cheaper alternative) - it worked.
its worth first changing the fuse over if you have the stock powerpack - if you have a new powerpack that you cannot easily change the fuse on its worth trying another one with it. its well worth purchasing a couple of power supplies at a time when you have spare cash - always a handy thing to have in reserve.

This happened to me last night. Iā€™ve had mine for just over 12 months. Going to get in contact with the store I bought it from if itā€™s wonā€™t boot up later. :sob:

hope it work out for you. If not, try to contact Elektron support on electron.se.

1 Like

i got the afformentioned bug by turning on/off/on quickly ,wouldnt turn on ,black screen ā€¦
unpug cable for 30 seconds press all keys to disharge any power ,plug back in works fine

This happens to me sometimes. I usually try a different outlet and it works. Take it back to original outlet, and it works again. Magic, I tell youā€¦
Seems like there is a power issue that elektron needs to address

1 Like

The manual suggest a short wait time, 30 seconds I believe, after powering off the unit before turning it back on. Flipping it on and off quickly is likely to cause some unwanted behavior.

Maybe Elektron should start shipping these with an on/off/on/off/on/off switch instead of an on/off switch.

Or a maybe on/off switch.

1 Like

Same here. DT will not power on, black screen. Waited 30 minutes and booting again. Seems like a lot of people having this problem. What to do about it? Iā€™m gonna e-mail Elektron, hope everybody do this.