Digitakt Overbridge

Yep lots of people only consider buying Elektron products because of Overbridge, myself included

2 Likes

What? I do not believe it. The image damage is getting bigger.
I feel cheated on slowly.

Not a surprise

Pathetic. care for existing users = 0

Yep they should have never advertised it in the way they did, making it out like it was about to be ready, when it was really nowhere close. Hopefully lesson learned… but I’m sure as others have mentioned there may be a difference of opinion among marketing/sales/investor departments, who may have known very well what they were doing and did it anyway (not saying this is the case, but it sure is not an uncommon scenario in the world). If it was a genuine mistake and oversight on their part then I truly sympathize with them and just hope they learned a lot from it as they move forward as a company.

Would have been better if it was advertised as “Future Support for Overbridge (currently in development)”

1 Like

Conflict inspires improvement. Elektron as a whole have failed- not to say which dept have done so. But if you want Elektron to function better outside(with consumers) and inside(within itself) there needs to be consequence.

1 Like

No it’s normal and necessary for many people, including most importantly Elektron.
They agree computer integration is necessary for modern music production

1 Like

Ok

Hi peeps, newbie question here. When/if Overbridge is eventually released, will it be possible to read all the trigs and parameter changes from audio tracks as a data stream I can use to control other stuff? I’m hoping to send that info along to custom software via OSC, MIDI, or whatever. I know I could start with MIDI to control the audio tracks, but I’m still curious if the other way is possible?

I always feel like Overbridge Enabled doesn’t actually mean, like, its on and ready to go. It was stated from the beginning it wasn’t. It’s meaning is more in contrast to something like Octatrack which is not Overbridge enabled and never will be. At least that’s how I read it.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Maybe Elektron should rename their marketing ‘Overbridge Disabled’, until its actually ‘Enabled’ :thinking:

4 Likes

Hi All, first post here. The thing that is worrying isn’t just the delay, it’s the lack of a new date. Suggests they may be all at sea with the application if they don’t know when it will be ready. By now they should know where the deficits are enough to produce a more accurate estimate of when it will be ready. Mid 2018 would not surprise me, but if that is the case I will not be happy. But the Digitakt is like crack, I won’t be kicking the habit anytime soon.

1 Like

They announced a date before and look what happened. Do you think they will make the same mistake again?

1 Like

36 AM

Store Dj in Australia has them in stock with Overbridge !!! :thinking:

6 Likes

Must be a Special/Limited edition :smile:

5 Likes

If I saw my company’s product sold with a non-existing feature anywhere online, I’d take action.

1 Like

its this !

its also a sign “for me” where the world is turning.
and thats probably what leaves in real that bad taste in my mouth
( was edited/shortened )

hahah nice dude!

1 Like

Yes I do, but it shouldn’t be a mistake. I work in software delivery and testing. If you know what you’re doing you should be able to hit your dates more often than not. If you miss them, you put a plan together to make sure the second date is hit. Going for a third date is unforgivable, but sadly happens. The point I am making is that a lack of a new date isn’t Elektron avoiding making the same mistake again, it suggests that they don’t know the extent of the issues they are facing and therefore cannot provide a reasonable estimate for delivery.

The issues with OB and Digitakt suggest an operation that lacks maturity. The delays to OB notwithstanding I reported an issue on my Digitakt which was known. Except I didn’t know it was known, because Electron don’t publish a known issues list, it seems I have to come here for that. This is daft as it generates more work for the support team than is necessary.

Mature or not, their products are great, but they’re banking on the good will of their customers at the moment and it won’t be too much longer before that runs out.

11 Likes