Digitakt Overbridge

I imagine many things

Overbridge and Digitakt in the same sentence is not one of them :rofl:

I can understand you. But I only bought Digitakt and Analog Heat because of Overbridge. That was the purchase argument for me. The devices are after all a product of a company that earns millions. So for me itā€™s like an iPhone without apps. If I could I would send the two machines back. Drummaschines without overbridge I have enough. I also think Digitone is cool. But in no case I buy this ā€¦ then I will only disappointed again.

1 Like

To be fair, it is advertised even on the box. You canā€™t really fault someone for purchasing a product based on advertised features and then being upset when said features donā€™t exist :slight_smile:
(Iā€™m someone who is happy with the Digitakt even as it is, but I can certainly understand people being upset about Overbridge)

15 Likes

I must admit when I looked at the DT in the store the guy was telling me how it integrates with your DAW with a dedicated VST instrument, seperate outputs etc. etc. I saw it was also stated on the box. I donā€™t really care for it myself except for using it to get samples off the DT, backup etc. But I can see how a lot of people might feel mis-sold.

6 Likes

1 week into feb and no update, come on electron pull your finger out

3 Likes

Yes but, with respect, this is a forum for chatting about Elektron instruments. I donā€™t think anyone here thinks Overbridge outranks world hunger, but in the hierarchy of big issues affecting Elektron users I would suggest delays to Overbridge is near the top of the list.

Would probably be a bit weird if someone made a thread saying ā€˜Why arenā€™t Elektron doing more to tackle Climate Change?ā€™.

2 Likes

TBF- science has yet to prove that making sick beats DOES NOT resolve this issue

4 Likes

@ryan All the gas canā€™t be good for the environment

7 Likes

Valid point

Every time we plug in our gear we make the rich richer and the poor poorer. Or is it the other way roundā€¦

1 Like

yes ,especially on a thread thatā€™s heading is overbridge :slight_smile:

come on electron ,lets get this party started

I quite liked the short existential turn this thread took. Iā€™ll just leave this here. Sorry Jim, I love you.

8 Likes

Complaining about complaining is stillā€¦complaining!

I think we should let the moderators do the moderating.

5 Likes

to me, just reading three of your posts here in series, it looks to me more like you are the one on the fence of trolling.
there has to be a limit to where we take nice speeeches.
fact is: the DT CAN NOT backup any data ! This task is coupled to OB.
This point gives OB a much bigger importancy than it is obvious to some ā€¦

i go so far and say, these days, to sell a digital machine without any backup possibility,
is selling a unfinished product, ā€¦or it is selling a toy. Then tell me how it is !
ā€¦they sell products by advertising features thar are not there !
this IS screwing people in factā€¦well, i could nice speech it and call it cheating.

I can live somehow with how shitty elektron is riding their business and us customers also,
but i just canĀ“t deal with people who even try to ā€œnice speechā€ their cheating
/ rant over

10 Likes

Where it at?

stil getting made proberly! feb next year maybe a release

1 Like

DT / DN / ARMKII / A4 MKII Seamless integration computer with OB "
Why do you mention that on the main page and one year later (Only DT) it still not available ?
Why not mention " Overbridge will be released with future updatesā€¦"

" Overbridge for Digitone will be free of charge, and become available at a later date"

Digitone OB Threads will be released soon

1 Like

Ohh February 20018 Duh

2 Likes

No Overbridge in February!
https://www.elektronauts.com/news/405

1 Like