Digitakt Overbridge

Awesome, so December it is.

Julian told me Digitakt could use a C section update, DECember is only the 10th month so keeping one i open for a Februarius 28th drop

Wow. That’s exactly what I was looking for. Welcome and thank you.

1 Like

I should also say that i dont mind waiting for a solid product. My only concern was the communication thing. Thought I would check in. “Aiming for December” is fine. Thanks

1 Like

Guys Overbridge for the Rytm was announced when the unit was announced, then it took like a year to get something that worked. Their dev team has a pretty loose definition of “imminent” and “pretty soon”

It was actually my second post, just copied it over from another thread, lazy I guess. Very much looking forward to Overbridge though.

I suppose, just know who you’re dealing with. It’ll get there but how long of a timeline is a mystery.

Anyone knows if i have already an analog four mk1 with overbridge, it can works also for digitakt?
Or i have to buy the premium only cause the digitakt, and use separated from the one for the analog four?

No digitakt and the mkii boxes require their own newer version of the overbridge software, which has yet to be released. The new version of overbridge with come in two forms free and premium.
The differences are listed on the Elektron website. I would suggest looking at the info there.

3 Likes

Thanks, i was trying the “”“smart move”"" lol. So, buying an analog four mk1 is not the best idea. :confused:

I guess that depends. If overbridge is a necessity for you the mk1 already has it and that version is available free from the Elektron site.

Also, from user feed back on the forum the a4 mk1 and mk2 sound different.

2 Likes

i run the digitakt into the a4 to take advantage of the a4’s effects and overbridge. it’s not a complete solution, but it works well enough until the proper version of overbridge is available for the dt.

2 Likes

I use the same method as @303abuser works great, but definitely not ideal. I’m impatiently waiting for overbridge

https://www.elektronauts.com/news/387

2 Likes

I was thinking a little bit about some of the things missing from the new boxes- things like note slide parameter slide and song mode

And about how you could do stuff like this fairly easy with overbridge in Ableton- parameter slides can fairly easily be written in a session view pattern- along with note slide.

Song mode can be done in the computer as well through overbridge.

Perhaps their development of overbridge is what means they can sell the machines at such a discounted price and any features that may seem missing can be made up for with overbridge- with less resources needed to go into the hardware.

That just seems brilliant to me.

If that’s the case, I look forward to seeing how the plugged in sequences(p-locks and all) interact with the soon updated OB- I hypothesize that there will be a visual representation of the sequences plugging in with any shifted parameters notated.

It’s gonna be February soon- I can’t wait to see what they’ve put together!

3 Likes

Does anyone know when the overbridge software will be made available for the Digitakt?

The website said Feb 2018…

Cheers.

mm

Not today

3 Likes

Feb 29th

5 Likes

It was written ’ OVERBRIDGE LATER THIS YEAR ’ back in March 2017

2 Likes

I’m tired of waiting. that’s not what I imagined.