Digitakt Overbridge

I agree a BP filter would be a very welcome addition. You can however use resampling with a HP for instance and then use a LP on that new sample. It takes a bit more effort but I do this all the time to great effect.

2 Likes

This! Because Resampling is a breeze on the Digitakt, a missing EQ is not really an issue.

What we rather need are Sends for the Compressor! Delay/Reverb are Master Effects, they have Sends - the Compressor is a Master Effect and needs Sends too! I already wrote a Feature Request directly to Elektron. I hope they will address this one day.

1 Like

So when did we end up in a situation where users expect endless new features in products we already own?

2 Likes

Sends to a compressor…great so now to compress things I have to not only setup my compressor, i also have to make sure things are being bussed to it. No thanks. Leave it as is.

Sidechaining is pretty pointless when the compressor sits on the master bus. I would much rather have sends - they could just default every track to send when you open a blank pattern, and then you could use it exactly as you have been doing.

3 Likes

When Novation decided to constantly update products we bought years ago and make them better with each update, haha.

5 Likes

Novation really is setting the bar high.
Adding class compliance to the Launchcontrol XL so it can be used with non-PC/Mac USB hosts, and of course the regular feature additions to the Circuit makes it the little box that could. And it’s not like these were products that sold for $999, either.

2 Likes

Forreal. I think I payed $330 for my Circuit when I got it, and it’s been worth every damn penny so far. I can’t wait for the synth micro steps so I can sequence wonky samples from my 404. The only thing I wish they would add to Circuit which I do not think is possible is unquantized live record like the DT has. Sometimes even the micro steps with swing are still too robotic. That and changing the midi structure; I have a bitch of a time trying to sequence anything with the Circuits drum racks.

1 Like

This is exactly what i had in mind here! Sidechaining is a perfect Example where this would come in handy! Also, if you want to give just the Snaredrum or the Bassdrum a little edge to make them punchier, the Sends would really help. Most of the time you have full Multiband Compression / Limiting on the Master anyway, so one doesnt really need the Compressor for the classic task.

And: Since the Compressor is not affecting the Audio Input it isnt particularily useful in a Hub Situation anyway. I rather see it as a Tool for specific Tasks and therefore: Sends are mandatory!

Funny thing is, we don’t need to expect anything. Just open up the source and we will add new features. I must not be the only one with software engineering background who’d love to do it for free even.

This is true, I’m saying, people calling customers entitled who would be happy to work on the product for free is a bit of a strech. Look at Max4Live and the things they created. Ableton did not even have an LFO before v 10, programmers did several for free I’m using every day.

Providing an API to an embedded scripting environment isn’t remotely comparable to open-sourcing your core product.

4 Likes

Yeah dude tell me about it. it’s ridiculous how entitled people are nowadays. I work at a pizza shop which just opened and we are still trying to perfect our sauce so in the mean time we just don’t use any sauce and it’s ridiculous how many customers feel that they are entitled to a refund even though we are still planning on adding sauce capabilities to our pizza in the near future once we are happy with it.

7 Likes

dude, my advice. go to Naples for at least 3 Months and learn how to make good tomato sauce and pizza, trust me, there is no better place you can go for this. :smiley: and ask the old people. And the best thing, when you are back, chances are that Overbridge might be out.

4 Likes

Was browsing RedDogMusic site and thought to myself that they surely need to watch how they are selling the Digitakt. The circled statement makes it sound like Overbridge is a go go for the Digitakt.

3 Likes

even worse, this makes you believe you need to buy also an usb cable, which is false.

6 Likes

I emailed store dj in Australia to raise thier attention straight after superbooth, and informed them that overbridge was nowhere in sight in the near future, and copied them into the 2000 comments on the “status on overbridge” thread on Elktronaughts…thier site used to say “with Overbridge” next to digitakt and digitone etc…they removed the reference to Overbridge from all Elektron products within 12hrs…

Not because i wanted to get bitchy about Elektron, but because i didnt want store DJ to cop any backlash because they are a great store…they didn’t know about any delay in release and actually sent me a thank you…

I would say that alot of stores just copy and paste manufactures promotional materials and dont seriously investigate deeply into actual functionality…kind of like when you talk to a car salesman you quickly realise they probably have no idea about mechanics and most of them have never changed a spark plug.

2 Likes

Bringing a class action lawsuit on the grounds of a false or misleading advertisement claim gives a frustrated consumers base the collective power to negotiate with Elektron Technology PLC. It is an opportunity to settle the dispute, fairly and to the benefit of all.
A timely and beneficial settlement can happen out of court.

Discovery Prior to the Filing of a Motion for Certification is mandatory in courts in the USA and the EU.

Plaintiffs are entitled to discovery prior to certification on issues pertaining to class certification and the merits of the claims asserted.
Motions by defendants with the aim to limit discovery pending a class certification ruling are generally denied.
The US Supreme Court has held the matter as a reversible error for a district court to deny certification without affording an appropriate opportunity for the plaintiff to conduct discovery in order to prove the prerequisites for class certification are met by the case.
See Morrison v Booth, 730 F.2d 642 (11th Cir. 1984).
Defendants generally have the right to conduct appropriate discovery of named class representatives regarding their adequacy to represent the class, and the basis for their claims asserted. Discovery conducted by a defendant should be legitimate and not for the purpose of harassment of the class representation.

Join the CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT discovery

Dude. No

Unless you want to try to make Overbridge 2.0 never be a thing

7 Likes

I dunno about a lawsuit, but I’ll trade Elektron my Digitakt for a OT mk2 if OB never comes through :D.

I dunno tho, I like my DT a lot regardless.

5 Likes