Digitakt Overbridge

this is really tempting fate.
I thought this when I bought mine late last year “ha, I’ve skipped the bit where we’re waiting, and by the end of 2017 I’ll be… oh.”

:wink:

2 Likes

That’s because happy people write less on this forum. :smiley:
The overbridge situation and false advertising is sad but I still really enjoy my Digitakt!

4 Likes

Pay only partial mind to the angst/whathaveyou. OB will surely be coming around soon! And it’s still a REALLY fun box.

All factors considered- it’s probably my favorite Elektron box(2nd to MDUW)

My crystal ball(s) tends to option 3: hold tight.

1 Like

Anybody think it will be possible to get a live stream of the event?

Cool thanks!

Fun Fact: the Empire State Building was built in less time than Overbridge for the DT. And that was in the 1930s.

5 Likes

Well, how many people on the Empire State, and how many death ? :wink:

2 Likes

Five people died on the Empire State building. No one has died on the development of Overbridge – but reading some of the crazy posts around here (only a few), you might wonder.

7 Likes

Brilliant BBC doc about the Empire State Building on bbc Iplayer btw :slight_smile:

I can’t believe Zoom is back at it with another arq…

Edit: nvm? That’s from 04/11

Right.

Still don’t know why there’s a post about a Zoom Arq so recently, tho…

1 Like

Once OB comes out, which DAW will ya’ll be hooking it up to?

I’ve been using FL Studio and Renoise for years, but am pondering giving Ableton a try. Not sure I want to reinvent the wheel tho as I’m already adjusting to the Digi-Duo.

Baebleton 10!

1 Like

BitWig will be PERFECT for Overbridge. All those modulators will be very copasetic with your Elektron Boxes connected via OB

2 Likes

8 posts were split to a new topic: Moved video & replies

I still think it would be a good idea to make Overbridge a mini-DAW. All we really need is to get the streaming going and record the tracks, from there we can export audio to whatever DAW of our preference. Keeping OB compatible with all of them is going to be an ongoing nightmare for Elektron. Better to bypass that completely, even if it means less functionality.
(I don’t want OB to be compatible only with Ableton or any nonsense like that.)

I’m thinking along the lines of P606 for the Roland SP606

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qAB-ay7K1U

A “mini-DAW” is much more complicated to realize than a VST and it’s the DAW-side where you get most of the platform problems.

DAW Compatibility: From a technical point of view there is simply no need to be compatible to a special DAW. OB only needs to adhere to the VST specification and it will work automatically in every VST host (need not to be a DAW) out there.

All we really need: Well, there is also the other side of OB (controlling the synth/sound programming) which is quite useful for some people, especially when a song mixes Elektron devices with VST synths. It was announced as full-integration, so reducing OB only to a multitrack recorder will not do it for everyone.

1 Like

Great vision
If this is not true would you like to sart a company?