Digitakt out now!

My wife sais you probably left your stuff lying around the house (like i did)

2 Likes

ā€¦wish I could threw anything:

ā€˜Out-Now-Mailā€™ 29.05. - 13:07
Confirmation Order Elektron 29.05. - 15:32
Confirmation PayPal 15:51 (payment 15:31:38)

current status 03.06. 11:10: paid (aha!)

I guess that is the dark side Cenk mentioned on Monday :grinning:

I think youā€™ll really enjoy the Digitakt. I finally got to dive into it today. It took a minute to get acquainted with a few things, but Iā€™m loving it so far.

1 Like

My Digitakt just arrived. Only got time to make sure it turns on though :frowning: Much sadness!

2 Likes

Lol! She is right, I shouldā€™ve hidden it but I left it out by the door where I opened it.

So I end up super drunk last night and have possibly broken my wrist after getting rugby tackled (donā€™t ask). Means a hungover hospital trip for me and still no digitakt play time.

The suspense is killing me!

2 Likes

I cannot believe - itā€™s shiiiiiiipppped! Should arrive on wednesday, crazy! :sunglasses:

got mine today without the booklet not that it matters or does it?

May I ask what your order number is?

Anything in the booklet is in the manual. Booklet has just enough to get started but nothing in depth.

1 Like

sorry if this is a dumb question. So Iā€™ve got a Digitakt, fresh out of the boxā€¦ should I update it to OS1.01, or wait for the 1.02 update (and use the unit as is) ?

Youā€™ll be covered should anything go wrong on account of any os issues, but if you are testing the latest os then you may be able to spot a bug that nobody else finds ā€¦ so the price of the odd issue in the meantime is that you may help yourself out if you work in an atypical way to others

ps: you should really have posted this in another thread [edit: since moved]

it already has 1.01 on it. you can see the os number when you turn it on. have some fun!

it seems most ship with 1.01, some with 1.0

2 Likes

mine shipped from elektron as a pre-order w/ 1.01. i didnā€™t know 1.0 ever existed for the public but it seems some had it on there.

mine shipped with 1.00

1 Like

Not going to happenā€¦ Otherwise where does it end? Free DT for everyone who went through the same/worse when OT was released? Anyone that orders a unit before there are reports from other users takes that risk. Itā€™s the trade off for gripping an early unitā€¦ No one was forced to buy early or is being forced not to return their unit. Frustrating but thatā€™s how Elektron will see it.

Elektron will fix the main issues pretty quick Iā€™d imagineā€¦

Wowā€¦ To be frank, this many bug reports shows to me they released this way too soon. Never seen this happen before to any instrument other thanā€¦

Tempest

Iā€™m sure they get it sorted, but imho some sort of compensation is in order to early adopters. They basically dropped a flawed unit at a lot of doorsteps.

Comparing a 80 euro plugin to a 700 euro unit to give away is a bit of a leap :wink:

Yup but the the ā€˜compensationā€™ thing would open a big can of worms. Wonā€™t happenā€¦