Digitakt out now!

I agree, the chance is pretty much none. Can’t thing of a company which would. But they should. People payed a lot of money for a machine of which a major part doesn’t work because of crashes. You can’t use the midi sequencer to control external gear, and even loading/trimming samples causes crashes.

Yes it’ll probably get fixed, but these are just things that you can’t sell to people imho. A slight bug here and there is to be expected. But freezing units on so many different operations… That’s just not done. And giving away a plugin, on which they’ll make enough profit in the long run anyway, to a relatively small number of people, is not that much to ask.

Yeah but my point is that early buyers of previous units went through problems too. But there was no OB pro in the picture then to potentially compensate them. So do they get OB pro free too, even if they wait until DT is stable before buying, on the basis that they went through teething bugs on other units and have equal justification for ‘compensation’? That would equal almost zero OB pro sales. Elektron probably wouldn’t want to get themselves in to that kind of mess… Anyone who isn’t finding it usable enough in its current state should just send it back and wait it out…

Meanwhile, Elektron should be back from holidays and I’m starting to constantly check my order status again. Hope it will be shipped before the end of the week at least.

1 Like

It’s either wait it out with it in your hands, or wait it out with it back in the store. Or Elektron totally pull the unit and fix it behind closed doors then re-release. None of these options will make it any quicker before it’s ready. People can take their pick on keeping/returning easily enough :wink:
People are still waiting on OT bug fixes. People had to wait on OB for Heat… Compensation for early adopters is just kind of a ridiculous conversation :wink: It wouldn’t be fair for the people who have been through similar on other units. Scrapping the OB pro premium altogether (so early adopters of previous Elektron gear would also benefit when/if they grab DT later) would be fairer/more realistic. But equally as unlikely :wink:

Huh? I disagree = I’m missing the point? How convenient :wink:

Nah, you’re just seeing things from a ‘digitakt owner’ point of view instead of ‘long term Elektron customer’. Giving out free OB would be exactly the same as them having dished out a ‘70euro Elektron coupon’ to early adopters of previous gear. Which didn’t happen… Why should Digitakt customers receive compensation that buyers of other units didn’t? I never bought an early unit except for a korg Microsampler (which came with its own subsequent disappointments) but I can still see it from all points of view…

MIDI Clock output jitter is about the same as on the A4 and AK:

See https://midisizer.com/midigal/midiclk/ for details on the testing setup used and https://forum.mutable-instruments.net/t/midigal-yet-another-midipal-inspired-project/6731/116?u=t2k for some results from other gear.

1 Like

I’m not a ‘Long term Elektron user’ but i am however a sound-professional for over a decade now i can tell you from experience that buggy software and or hardware is on every sound-tech/composer etc plate on a daily basis… we can agree on one thing at least and that is that it can be terribly frustrating at times therefore leading to heated discussions on how to manage and get back to finding each his own preferred workflow.

That having said…while people keep sandblasting eachother with words here, we Bax.nl buyers have still not received anything and i’m really looking forward to throwing some cuswords at my Digitakt as i aim to freeze it up because i intend to push it to the limits (while hearing the ‘TopGun’ tune in the back of my head…)

So any NL orders in yet?

6 Likes

Nijmegen based elektron user here

Didn’t mean to do any sandblasting :frowning: Was just disagreeing :wink: Compensation for buggy OS on brand new gear just seems like a waste of time to even mention. It won’t happen and where would companies draw the line etc. Huge can of worms!

Hope you’re unit turns up soon and makes you smiiiile :slight_smile:

Oh it will make me smile for sure and for the record i was in agreement of your statements before, I have had a gazillion bugs as a long-term Protools user and never in 15 odd years have we been compensated for said bugs. They do however try and fix them but untill then, people get mad and throw stuff at screens, wich is understandable at times.

1 Like

and did you receive your unit in Nimma?

Bought from midi amsterdam
Received it last thursday

1 Like

Nope… still in the bax-void :grin:
Should be here this week.Who knows. Bax doesn’t order from Elektron directly.

1 Like

NICE! enjoy it!

@leonvanbokhorst Last info they gave me was 6/7th June they’d arrive and shipped the day after… estimated arrival coming Friday-ish i guess

They’re delivery dates also

you have a connection to 'Nimma" ?

1 Like

I received mine last Friday (via Bax)
2 weeks ago the had a waiting list of 37, from which approx 8 were the first to be delivered (week 22/23)

Ordered mine in march… guess i’ll be second batch then

Just give them a call, ask them to find out when the expect the next batch (and how many) and which nr. you are on their list. Hopefully you will get it soon!

1 Like

Im in two minds on this one. It does seem like a particularly shoddy launch in truth with both hardware and software issues but I agree that it’s unlikely that some sort of early adopter discount would be applied retrospectively.

But that makes me wonder why Elektron didn’t offer that as an option to begin with! ie. “preorder and receive OB+ for half price”. I suppose when demand is a certainty to be high, why bother!