Digitakt out now!

mine is: 9521**

Hmmz. Got lied to by the retailerā€¦ Have to wait 5 weeks in stead of it being delivered next week as promised. Ah well. Patience :slight_smile:

Decided to sack the Elektron order and go with somewhere else that still price matched to Ā£600. If I end up having to wait some weeks then so be it - I can make do with my MPC Live and Komplete 11!

just received mine right before leaving for the weekend. feels and looks very nice and I really like the size. have the feeling to put this in the bag easily for jamming and leave OT at home for deeper processing. nice!

2 Likes

Good: my order just shipped, bad: it wonā€™t be here until Tuesday. Order no is 9521xx. I bet Iā€™ll get a call today that I can pick up one from my local retailer, too.

Looks to be all working out nicely for me. Juno delivering tomorrow and Elektron cancelled and refunded my order with them very quickly. Appreciated!

Shame I have a very boozy BBQ to attend all day tomorrow though then kids swimming and shit on Sunday :frowning: haha

2 Likes

today is the day

Itā€™s shipped. The muddy funster has shipped :grinning:

1 Like

hmm ups is quoting thursday 8th so almost a week still to wait :nej:

To Canadian people, Long & McQuade ā€¦ ordered mine Monday afternoon, it shocked me and arrived now! Just in time for the weekend!!! :smile:

2 Likes

So yeah, pulled the trigger on Wednesday and got the Digitakt today!! So much for preorder exclusivity. Wonderful piece, havenā€™t update it with 1.01 yet but will tonight.

4 Likes

Am I right that this is your first Elektron gear too? Anyway really looking forward to your impressions and your thoughts about incorporating it with the Live (or using it instead of the Live).

Iā€™ve only been able to mess with mine for a couple of hours and most of that was spent sorting out a few basics and trying to resolve some midi problems I was having. Today I should be able to load up some of my own samples and take it for a proper spin.

Todayā€™s mission will be getting comfortable chaining patterns, Iā€™m feeling a bit constrained with the 4-bars (64 steps), but perhaps I just need to try to adjust more to the Elektron workflow and workarounds rather than try to bend it to the workflow Iā€™m used to.

Which province are you in? Iā€™m out in BC and just called - they said ETA is June 10th

Windsor, Ontario.

I ordered it Monday, they told me 10-14 days. Pleasant surprise. Their website is showing one in stock at the Burlington, ON store - for some reason that Burlington location always carries Elektron stuff regularly. I drove 3.5 hours there to grab the Machinedrum and Monomachine there when they were announced discontinued.

2 Likes

I picked up mine today from Long & Mcquade in Ottawa, Canada

3 Likes

My first Elektron indeedšŸ˜Š just beginning to wrap my head around the workflow, its different but logical and I understand where they coming from. Really getting a liking for this machine, was gonna use this with the MPC Live but its fine on its own.

1 Like

Think youā€™ll keep the MPC? Iā€™m still on the fence about adding one.

1 Like

Lol! Really I would sell the MPC Live right now, but the box and all its documents and cables were thrown into the recycling bin thanks to my deadhead girlfriend. Now I canā€™t even return it or sell it for full price.

This Digitakt is what I was looking for though, I have plenty DP008s and DP03s around my house, I guess GAS congested me to cop a Live but its a lot of fun so weā€™ll see in a couple weeks.

3 Likes

Yesterday i took my box n USB cable from the trash bin, my lovely wife threw it in it :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Mineā€™s finally here! And Iā€™m just starting to mess about on headphones over morning coffee.

First impressions - What a classy affair it is! First up - the pleasant surprise of the nice USB lead and itā€™s already at v1.01. Unit build feels so solid, beautiful feedback from screen and buttons, the filters / bit reduction and overdrive sound great to me. It will be absolutely amazing for ā€˜hotel room jammingā€™ when travelling, and I think the capabilities are just what Iā€™m missing at the moment. Roll on OB release!

(EDIT: and the fix for the freezes with external midi clock) :slight_smile:

John

2 Likes