Digitakt out now!

yeah, patience is a virtue haha. all of the videos i’ve watched while researching it have only increased my enthusiasm about 1000x.

1 Like

I got one of the initial pre-order released Digitakts from Sweetwater a while ago, but had to return it because the unit bricked itself, now Sweetwater isn’t expecting anymore until the end of August. Very annoying.

I hope in the future Elektron doesn’t release products unless they’re actually out of beta mode.

theres often a small % of anything made that is doa , iphones / tv’s / consoles …
its just that with the internet 1 x doa machine can be flagged on multiple forums / threads and it exaggerates it a little (or shows the true extent ??)

either way i cant se any company that is intending to be in business doing anything other that trying to ensure their products work.

i suspect its in stock somewhere , i appreciate no one adds all the details to add context to a post, but i’ve seen lots of posts where ‘its out of stock’ but often fail to show if thats in certain stores / countries/territories etc.
i’m sure i read yesterday of a store with lots of stock , luckily i got mine early in the uk from juno .since then they’ve been in stock in other uk retailers but sell quickly.

doesnt seem much different to nintendo switch availability except on a smaller scale (theyre selling millions).iphones / ipads can be ‘out of stock’

1 Like

i suspect theyve also used heat / digitakt to ensure their new encoders and buttons live up to the stress , hence their rollout to rytmii , octatrack etc.

ive done games for years , luckily we can now do patches , despite the many many months and massive QA teams testing the game , once launched new things crop up that were unforseen.

2 Likes

I’m guessing that the reason they’ve been out of stock is a combination of things - Elektron being on vacation, sales being brisk, and perhaps after (seemingly) having a lot of units with QC issues, they slowed down production and clamped down on QC.

1 Like

Seems some features are removed from the manual and 1.04 OS. Is there any list of those?

Just saw this now on GC. Hopefully that means I’ll get my preorder soon.

1 Like

Just got off the phone with GC - August 4th is the date they have from Elektron for the next batch.

We’ll, shucks! That isn’t very cool. I’ve been prepared to wait a while, but seeing that got my hopes up. Still says “in stock and ready to ship”.

ordered mine from sweetwater on june 2, still waiting. They have given me a number of dates (4) which they were supposed to receive shipment, all have passed. The thing i took notice of was the sweetwater guy told me they are expecting x number of units and when i would talk to him he explained that they were not even receiving the number of units elektron was supposed to be shipping. I.e. 200 were supposed to arrive and under 100 came.

I just reached out to Elektron this morning and was told 4 weeks til they’re back in stock.

1 Like

that echos what i was told by my local dealer thursday last week when they called their supplier.

I got mine from Big City Music a few weeks ago…

I visited their website today and noticed that it looks like they have them in stock - you may wish to check if you are looking for a US retailer.

I’ve done business with Roger at BCM for several years now and have nothing to report but great, accurate communication and follow-through.

See here: https://www.bigcitymusic.com/collections/featured-items/products/digitakt

Also, Control Voltage: http://controlvoltage.net/elektron-digitakt/dp/2865

2 Likes

I think i had some luck…found a shop in Sweden with 1 Digitakt in stock.
So actually managed to order it and now its on the way …just wanted to say that i feel pretty lucky at the moment :joy:

3 Likes

Buy a lottery ticket man, dice are hot

1 Like

thanks for the heads up, mine has already been charged to my sweetwater account to take advantage of promo financing. for me at this point its the waiting game. just hoping the wait isn’t really till September, as its been mentioned that is the word from elektron on the next batch.

sometime in the last 4 hours, control voltage updated their site to “not available”. i’m assuming at this point, any canadian/us retailers are out of stock and maybe some sites just haven’t been updated properly.

Ha! That was probably me snaking the last one. I bought one this morning…

1 Like

But give Patchwerks here in Seattle a call. They might have a floor model. I was just there Sunday evening.

haha i’ll blame you then. i sent an email, but haven’t heard back yet.