Digitakt OS 1.50

Huge props to Elektron, what a great update, I no longer have a DT but stoked for those that do :partying_face:

10 Likes

Trying this out, and am really, really impressed. Thereā€™s a lot to explore, and Iā€™m looking forward figuring out what kinds of cool things can be done with this for fills and effects of various kinds, in addition to working on my sample chopping gameā€¦

Question, is grid slicing relative to the project tempo only?

If so itā€™s basically only useful for loop slicing and not for drum sample chains?

In OT I can set the tempo of the sample different from the project which is necessary to use slices for single drum sounds sample chains. So slices align correctly no matter what the project tempo is set to.

I hope I have been able to explain my question and somebody can answer. I also hope the slice machine can be used for sample chains.

I just tested it on sample chains and it works fine regardless of tempo.

The WERP mode takes a loop of 1, 2, or 4 bars and adapt it to the tempo.

2 Likes

I canā€™t say for sure, but I believe that it just creates equally spaced slices through the audio track. So if it is a perfect loop all the slices will be on the beats.

1 Like

Yeah seems like itā€™s not a free slice mode like on the OT, but rather it just cuts up your sample in equal parts: Digitakt 4 Machines Tutorial - YouTube

1 Like

For one thing itā€™s a lot quicker and precise. And changing sample start/length will get you to downpitched places simple tuning wonā€™t be able to. Also different in what modulating start/length/bars will do etc.

3 Likes

Thank you, @Elektron!

6 Likes

Thanks! Thatā€™s great news!
Canā€™t wait to try it tonight.

A nice touch I havenā€™t seen mentioned: in Slice machine, keyboard folding has deep integration, automatically adjusts to the number of slices, and the octaves become pages. Brilliant!

24 Likes

Iā€™ve never been interested in a Digitakt, as I use an OT, but this is a really impressive update. Well done Elektron!

Thanks! somehow I missed this video.

Yeah, itā€™s the way of the world :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I also dig the new ā€œRecord Lengthā€. Iā€™m used to recording perfectly quantized loops with the Recording Buffers on OT in order to ā€œmergeā€ some tracks so I free up a track. Now I can ā€œmergeā€ tracks within DT without trying to surgically edit the recorded audio. If only we had the possibility to save a file wherever we want (file browsing like in OT), my life would be complete.

3 Likes

The same though that came to my mind. The slicing was one of the few things I though my Tracker did better than the DTā€¦

Slicing!

**Hold my succulent!

****Youtube is about to explode with the amounts of uploads that are entitled as ā€œrandomly sliced atmospheric ambient jamsā€

13 Likes

good job Elektron! now do the RYTM.

5 Likes

I had to double-check the fine print on the screen bezel, and indeed, it doesnā€™t mention FM either, just ā€œPolyphonic digital synthesizerā€. And then thereā€™s the box / marketing copy of ā€œmaster the digital methodā€ which doesnā€™t specify the kind of digitalā€¦

Fun to think that Elektron might have been keeping Digitoneā€™s options open for future expansion all along!

11 Likes

Itā€™s better than OT. You can move the sample wherever you want whenever you want and nothing breaks.

Thank you Elektron !