Digitakt OS 1.11, Digitone & Digitone Keys OS 1.21

Ok thanks! And what about the parameter page randomization on a trig by trig basis?

No.

Just want to say thanks for this update.

Scale per track was at the top of my wish list, and randomize, I had no idea how much fun it would be. Sometimes the Digitakt feels a little clinical and serious, and this just added some fun factor I didn’t know I needed.

Thanks all

4 Likes

If you’re going on a trig-by-trig basis, at that point why not just make the choices yourself? I think the per-track randomization feature is meant to give you something to start tweaking on and changing to spark ideas etc.

1 Like

Yeah I was just curious. I’ve totally been working in the way you described. It’s really great for ideas, etc. It just kinda seems like an obvious function to me, but whatever.

1 Like

Anyone else having an issue where the first step of the pattern on the second play through is triggered twice and throws the song off tempo.

Its happening on patterns that already had a slowed down scale

2 Likes

If you dont want to or cant find a length that suits all your track lengths, just use infinite master length and pick a change length to suit, that way all your polyrythms will play out without being cut short.

1 Like

This video made my day x5

1 Like

I had that happen to me, at the time I started a new pattern and it seemed to shake it off. I have not been back yet to the previous pattern to see if it is still happening, thought it might have been me, so I’m glad to see someone else has replicated it…when I get the chance I will revisit and see what’s happening

1 Like

If i set the master length to infinite, individual patterns seem to stay in time but it keeps happening when i switch patterns. Maybe its a setting or just needs to shake it off lol.

I might be missing something here but I’m setting two tracks to different scales and lengths but it’s not creating polyrhythms. It’s the same loop every time. Wondering if I’m missing a step?

What is your M.LEN set to in the Scale menu for the pattern?
Also, post photos of the Scale menu settings for both tracks.

1 Like

Exactly! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Me too actually. But I’m pretty darn pleased with the mad noises I’m getting so far. If I could have an exponential decay (even if just for the filter envelope), ok and maybe another LFO or two, I’d count the Digitone as perfected.

These new DN timbres are where it’s at. Nice job Elektron :sunglasses:

2 Likes

As an instrument I deem it perfect.

As an Elektron, and I hate to be that guy, but parameter slide is all it would take to be perfect in my eyes

5 Likes

AH! I didn’t have the M.LEN set to INF. Got it now.

2 Likes

How do you set this up?
I thought that you couldn’t use multi mode on DN as on DNKeys.
Are you using an external controller? Or midi loopback?

Are you saying that when you play Pattern 1, then switch to Pattern 2, that Pattern 2 then plays its first step twice?

I suspect it’s probably because of whatever track length & master lengths you have set on those patterns, but of course there could be some obscure bug somewhere too.

What I would try is to make a couple NEW patterns from scratch, don’t do anything fancy with them, just but some basic beats, switch around and see if it still happens. Then, change ONE of the patterns to have some different track lengths and play around with the master length setting, get that one pattern doing some wonky polyrhythmic stuff, then switch from that to one of the basic patterns and back & forth, see if you can replicate it then? If not, change another one of those basic patterns to have multi-length stuff going on too, do so more switching around between them to see if anything weird happens.

Basically start from scratch and change one thing at a time to try and isolate what might be causing it.

I think that’s how it’s supposed to work, all clocks start at zero on a new pattern, at least that’s my experience with the OT. I could be wrong though. Haven’t had time to check it out on the DT and DN yet.