Digitakt MK2 - Your Suggestions?

not having played a Digitakt and yet super impressed by the sound quality/character, i would maybe like to imagine the option of beat-synched loop recording … achieved via recording Trig i guess, with a simple Time/Length parameter specified in Global or the current Track.

and along with that, the option to timestretch a loop by simply re-pitching the playback of the audio clip as a ratio of the current bpm compared to the clip’s original bpm - thereby sidestepping any copious or strenuous algorithm implementation.

another form of simple timestretching could be achieved by offering clip slice options with an individually adjustable adsr envelope for each snippet of an audio clip… each Slice auto-locked to 8th or 16th step placement as appropriate … to keep things simple, this could perhaps be offered as a feature applicable to audio clip recordings made on the Digitakt itself, rather than for imported content.

1 Like

…ur talking octatrack here…

and one gig of headspace in a fixed +drive for a sampler becomes pretty oldschool and outdated soonish…
pretty sure, next batches will see bigger ones…and there will be some affordable option to upgrade the older models…

ah yes, the memory size of the drive.

as regards timestretching via pitch-change, it actually is a simple option, a simple mathematical method and not really dealing with the complex granulated bits and bytes of an audio file. and in fact, the Octatrack does not do this form of timestretching, so maybe a mkII DT could implement this cheap-and-cheerful style of beat-changing via pitch adjustment - without stepping on the Octatrack’s toes, so to speak.

perhaps the slices with individual adsr envelopes was going slightly over the top.

Hello,

Yes, I would like the two existing outs (that form a stereo pair) to instead be four outs RYTM style.

The first physical out would be the existing stereo pair with the built in effects bus. The second physical out would be two separate discrete mono outs.

Thank you.

1 Like

No buzz around MK4, 5, and 6 yet?

2 Likes

Brand new here! and my first post…

I am just about to drop on the Digitakt, - should I be worried or wait for a Digitakt MK2?
The original looks incredible, but don’t really want to be left behind if a v2 is on the way?

I did email Elektron but obviously they are sworn to secrecy about new products.

Do I buy the original Digitakt? or is there a mk2 on the horizon?

Thanks!

1 Like

No there is nothing to indicate a mkii on the horizon.

4 Likes

I’m don’t think I’m going out on a limb by saying don’t hold your breath for MK2 anytime soon.

1 Like

It was released last year. Why are we even talking about this :smiley:

6 Likes

I’d like to see a toblerone dispenser

4 Likes

Because the first one was a good idea so one day it will come, its a good place to put ideas on potential new features that are unreasonable expectations from the current hardware. The title could be a bit less provocative given the timeframe since launch but other than that whats the problem?, talking about possible improvements doesnt mean Digitakt isnt being used.

1 Like

What’s the projected price so I can start saving!

4 Likes

Obviously a tricky question to answer, but probably in the US$1.5 to US$2k range.

I think it will/could be pretty nifty. What everyone else thinks, well… maybe we will see one day.

2 Likes

The only important suggestion for me is a CUE ouptut and a second “pair” of input.

1 Like

I don’t see a DT Mk II arriving any time soon… I thought the Mk II upgrades were mostly about the new styling, screen and button upgrades which the DT already has, but it’s nice to dream :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Digitakt Feature Request Thread :wink:

3 Likes

I’ve updated the Post to include your Suggestions as well. Lemme know if i forgot something :wink: Cheers

2 Likes

A perfect thread to use the much ignored ‘mute thread’ function . Can be found bottom left of your screen by pressing ‘tracking’

Thank you so much @re5et

Like a digitakt extended off the side to like octatrack size and put pads and a cross fader in the gap. Implement scenes, avoid people complaining about it lacking things they wanted in OT2 cause it’s not OT2, would insta buy