Digitakt MK2 - Your Suggestions?

These could honestly all be firmware updates:

More transposition range than 24 semitones.
Parametric EQ (1 per channel and master).
Time Stretching option (be able to switch between).
Master Channel LFO that can modulate the Reverb, Delay, Compressor, or Mixer controls.

4 Likes

I’d love to see stereo tracks and/or polyphony… preferably both! Perhaps this would be a special mode you’d enable as obviously track count would be drastically reduced. Stereo would work by importing L and R mono channels of a wav and linking them in the Digitakt - stereo sampling itself looks to be not technically possible.

Even limited polyphony would be a nice thing to have, eg single stereo track with four voice polyphony. But it’s using stereo samples that I’m so keen to see. It seems it would be technically doable.

I just want an Hexatrack, 4 Stereo Inputs, 2 Fader - Mixer display status for each individual track. I.e. beeing able to constantly see what levels are incomming and outgoing. Better display what is currently recording. + Pads as input controller would be cool, like on the rytm. More or less a rytm, hexatrack combo. With digital and analog voices.

Borrowing voices for polyphony would be really cool. That feature opened up a new world when it was implemented on the A4.

I would love to see an envelope to control the bit reduction. I’ve found that a lot of what makes the bit reduction work in a pattern is when the little distorted tails of a bit reduced sound hit at the right moments within the pattern. If you had more control over when those little tails hit through some ADSR shaping it would put that effect over the top for me.

you can get a snappy envelope for almost every parameter by using an lfo with the exp-shape in single-cycle-mode.

2 Likes

Add stereo and pitch shift (goes hand in hand with time stretch) to that list and it’s the Digitakt of my dreams.

3 Likes

It would move a possible DT Mk2 away from its intented purpose though. The purpose of being a direct, fast, spontaneous Machine with no clutter at all. And it would make the OT redundant. I wouldnt want this to happen tbh …

1 Like

Strap locks so you can play it keytar style.

1 Like

All I really wish mine had at this point is individual outs (without a laptop) and effect sends

4 Likes

Maybe. But it would still be my dream DT :slight_smile:
And although OT is more suited for that stuff I’ve understood that the workflow is quite different and not as straight forward as on the DT. I have never tried an OT though so I may be all wrong, but I love the DT workflow and would love to have some of OT’s features in it/MK2.

It already has mounting holes in the back if you’re so inclined lol. Stick it on a board with a digitone and a mini keyboard on the neck. Go full wizard

4 Likes

I would love to see a second voice for each track. Similar to the Rytm Structure. This second voice could be another sample slot or even machines with different synthetic drum modules. Making this a real digital drum machine. But thinking again, layering two different samples per track would maybe even more fun then synthetic drums.
And even more I would love to have an internal battery. Or at least, some kind of an “Elektron Powerbank”.

At least one pair of audio inputs for external synths.

Let people sell their DT first!

AH anyone? :triumph:

1 Like

Actually some excellent suggestions.

I know people are touchy about mk2 ideas, but if they enabled it to be USB powered(even if it requires 2 USB plugs) I wouldn’t even be mad

1 Like

Requests for a Digitakt 2 as it were

1. Stereo Sampling/Channels
  2. Pattern Chaining and/or Song Mode
  3. More Internal space (and/or CF or SD card slot)
  4. Easier Project Saving/Switching from one machine to another (ala Akai)

Almost an Octatrack, but with the Digitakt software/layout.

I would gladly pay more for a more “fully fledged” Digitakt.

side note: At this point, I don’t even really care about Overbridge. I just want the MIDI to be rock solid, so the Digitakt can work as a brain no problems. Still having that first step problem.

5 Likes

I mean analog heat dropped out of nowhere. I don’t understand some of the hate on this thread. Elektron’s a business, of course they’re going to make another version of this at some point.

1 Like

Why not?