with Elektron making everything MK2 these days - including Machines that are not actually “old” (Heat for example) it’s very obvious that we will most likely see a Digitakt MK2 in the near future (maybe sooner than we guess ).
So let’s give Elektron some hints what they should improve - so that the inevitable will be the most rewarding for us all!
Here are my suggestions:
- 8 Audio Tracks + 8 Flex Tracks (individually configurable as either MIDI-Tracks or Audio Tracks)
- Compressor Sends for each Audio Track (could also come as an Update to the MK1)
- Configurable Track Effects (maybe on a second AMP Page)
- a second LFO; to complement the first one (with less Parameters if necessary, but still freely assignable)
- Master Effects should be able to affect the Input if you so desire
- at least one additional Stereo Output Pair with flexible Track Routing (on Mini-Jacks for example, to counter the Display Depth issue they once mentioned)
And here are the suggestions from other’s who participated in this Thread so far:
- Transposing all trigs from a track.
- Stereo monitoring (optional, still mono sampling).
- To be able to share the same kit for few patterns (Or an extended mode like MD).
- Zoom-Function for loaded Samples
- extended Sampling-Time (2 min or more)
- USB3 for faster Data Transfer
- more Storage on the +Drive (8GB maybe?!)
- Second Filter per track, ala Digitone (FLTR PAGE 2)
- TEMPO MULTIPLIER in scale page.
- Parametric EQ (1 per channel and master)
- Master Channel LFO that can modulate the Reverb, Delay, Compressor, or Mixer controls.