Digitakt midi bank change yamaha motif rack

I use the sequencer of the DT to contoll my yamaha motif rack xs. It works fine. Now I have problems with the bank change. The programm itself changes, in the selected bank, but I don`t get the bank change running. In the decription of the motif there are two parameters (MSB an LSB) which should be set rightly. I don’t find this in the midi settings of the DT. I will give a photo of the description of the owner´s manual of the motif. Can somebody help me? Thanks

You better read my previous topic which you might find some similarity. My issue was fixed hope yours too

1 Like

Hi,
thank you for the help. I updated the firmware, my DT was running 1.10, now it is 1.11 and there ist the knob for SBNK which I had not before. But what I trie, there is no success. The Programm changes work like before. But when I go thru the BANK I have a change sometimes but only GM, when I have the value 1 and GMDR when I have the value 127. In the mid sometimes there is a change on PRE1 . There are 8 banks of presets, 3 user banks, 2 drum banks, and multi banks and the two GM banks. This ist correct on MSB 0 and MSB 127. When I chose 1 it is GM, when I chose 128 it is GMDR. But if I set MSB is on 63 (for choosing the presets and user banks) and then go thru SBNK there is no change. While the DT is playing the motif recives something because the sound is cutted but there ist no change. I wonder if it is the timing and the order which coult be importand. First MSB then LSB and at last program change?

The “Data List” document provided by Yamaha for the MOTIF-RACK XS shows that its Bank numbers begin counting from 0, whereas the Digitakt’s BANK and SBNK values begin from 1. Therefore you need to add 1 to the values of BANK and SBNK compared to the values for Bank Select MSB and LSB given by Yamaha.

For example, the Yamaha data list indicates that for the PRE1 bank the Bank Select MSB is 63 and the bank Select LSB is 0. Therefore on the DT you must set BANK to be 64 and SBNK to be 1. The value of PROG should be set to the Yamaha Voice number that you want.

Let us know if that works or not.

Oh, reading helps…I read the value problem but did not do it… now with MSB on 64 the changing works if I scroll thru SBNK. Thank you so much!
Now the last problem is, that if I have a setting like for example MSB 64 LSB 3 and programm 12 and then I choose for testing on the motif another program, when I start the sequencer it does not change. Is the problem that I have got to go on record or edit mode when I save the settings in the DT?

1 Like

No. The Digitakt is not aware that you have manually changed the program on the instrument. Therefore it assumes that there is no need to send the same values of the Bank Select & Program Change messages again. The expected practice is to change programs either only using the Digitakt or only on the instrument itself.

Ah, OK. Thanks. Now I tested to have different settings in different patterns and the changes work. When I now want to have program changes in one track can’t I use the parameter locks? One time accidetally I recorded program changes in live recording mode and it worked.

1 Like

Yes, you can.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Yamaha Motif Rack XS - MIDI arpeggiator