Digitakt & Ipad

Hi there,
I’ve just purchased the camera lightening adaptor and am looking for recommendations of software apps to use on my iPad?
Thanks in advance
Nige

What do you want to achieve?

3 Likes

greatness :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I‘ve ben checking out this synth called „Volt“. It has awesome pad sounds, kinda Oberheimisch :slight_smile:

Another great one is Audulus, it‘s a Modulare Synth app.

3 Likes

Aparillo and quanta are my recent gotos

1 Like

Audiokit Synth One- it’s free

3 Likes

Also Spotify, YouTube, a radio app

2 Likes

Some of the best sounding synths to sample IMO are D1 (great for pads), Synthmaster One (great for stabs and other rich sounds) and Zeeon and Model D (great for analogue sounds).

Samplr and Borderlands are great for making weird chopped up/granular sounds.

Radiooooo is a really cool app for finding random songs from across the eras and around the world to sample!

There are so many great apps out there as sample sources, happy to offer further recommendations if you’re into a specific area… iPad as a full production solution is pretty frustrating still but as a sound source I can’t imagine better value for money than the base model iPad!

2 Likes
2 Likes

ppl say korg monopoly is amazing too but never used it

1 Like

Bram bos noir

5 Likes

Pads I can filter / Arps and basses
I write songs so nice keyboard sounds also

Experimental

Chord progressions

https://www.navichord.com/

3 Likes

How did I forget about those?!

One of the most important things (if you use it with DT or hardware) is to make sure it has MIDI IN/OUT, or at least midi in.

There is a lot of apps that don’t have midi, only LINK or nothing. Some have damaged midi and or don’t work.

Personally I like Step Poly Arp for sending arp/sequence to OT, all MOOG apps, iVCS3.

If you put an iPad compatible sound card like ZOOM U24 between the two, you can use iPad as an FX (Turnado) or record loops into LoopyHD etc…not bad

For midi sync and audio out, you can use Alesis midi hub.

4 Likes

+1 for Radiooooo !

2 Likes

Yeah such a cool app. Unfortunately I don’t think there’s a way to rewind a track if you hear a bit you like and aren’t recording!

Found it :grinning: click on track, copy and paste in youtube

1 Like

does anyone record into your ipad/iPhone? I have to do some extended travelling and with the
op-z and an iPhone I could probably cover a lot of ground. Basically what daw and interface are suggested.